Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: World Plate

The idea for this came from the "where are you from" topic in the Xara forum. Although this isn't of the calibre of many of the posts in the gallery, I know I wouldn't have been able to do this a year ago...so I improve with help from people residing all over the world.

So...comments and suggestions would be appreciated...who knows what I could come up with next year!

Mickie

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves
    for they shall never cease to be amused
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapPlate.gif 
Views:	382 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	4770  

The idea for this came from the "where are you from" topic in the Xara forum. Although this isn't of the calibre of many of the posts in the gallery, I know I wouldn't have been able to do this a year ago...so I improve with help from people residing all over the world.

So...comments and suggestions would be appreciated...who knows what I could come up with next year!

Mickie

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

What's up with this "Although this isn't of the calibre of many of the posts in the gallery" foolishness??? This is a great design that has been executed perfectly! It is really nice!

Don't sell yourself short Mickie.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Ross,

I'm not selling myself short (literally or figuratevely...I'm 6' tall [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]) I wouldn't have posted if I hadn't been pleased with this. However, my comments were meant to refer to how far I've come and how far I have to go.

I would like that "very nice" comment to be a "great,love your style" comment some day...when I find my "style".

Thanks for the reply.

Mickie

Great use of colour and the countries are nice and detailed. It is also great to find some little things like the Xara "X" on the knife.

Maybe you should have some of those plates manufactured? - I would buy a pair for my kids.

Risto

Not such high marks for Geography [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

What kind of condiments do you recommend for such a dish? Mixing Turkey and Chile, among others.

Nice work Mickie.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

Gee Risto, now I have to take up pottery. In my days as a calligrapher I had a friend who was a potter and we had some marvelous results "etching"
    the damp clay.

Gary, I think allspice and relish fit perfectly with the meal. What great fun it was to realize it didn't matter where each country was, or how big it was.

Mickie