Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • anyone help?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know how to cut them out....the problem is you get a white outline around the saved portion of your image....

Here is the problem.....sometimes you want to make a transparent background for an image ( I use Jasc) ...but
    you get some residue....and it displays that...so I will take the image in to photoshop and cut it out....which eliminates the residue...take it back into jasc and make the background transparent.... but....it leaves a nice white line
    around the image....looks like crap...

anyone know a way around this?

Tony [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    IP

I know how to cut them out....the problem is you get a white outline around the saved portion of your image....

Here is the problem.....sometimes you want to make a transparent background for an image ( I use Jasc) ...but
    you get some residue....and it displays that...so I will take the image in to photoshop and cut it out....which eliminates the residue...take it back into jasc and make the background transparent.... but....it leaves a nice white line
    around the image....looks like crap...

anyone know a way around this?

Tony [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    IP

Click on its name to select it, contract the selection by one (or the necessary) pixel(s), invert it and delete it. You can add a layer with a contrasting background and drag it under the subject to see whether it's ok or not.

You can also feather a little, depending on the crispness wanted.
    IP

Hi Bizlink... & Erik. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

1st question: why are you using Jasc for this, when you have Photoshop?

2nd question: why are you using Jasc for this, when you have Photoshop?!

Here, see if this helps at all. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

http://photoshopgurus.info/intermedi...ent-gifs.shtml
    IP

Mark,
    I suppose I misunderstood: I did not see that it was about a gif for a site.
    I thought it was about any kind of (hard edged) selection that had to be put on a transparant background.
    IP

Hey that's ok Erik, no biggy.

Actually Tony didn't say he was specifically talking about a transparent Gif. That was just my own assumption.

Either way... he has an answer though huh?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi Mark,

Question...Why would one use PS when they could use PI (photo impact)LOL

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP

For the simple reason that this is a Photoshop forum so the probability that most people here use PS is far above the average.

Luckily, there are no real fanatics here that have the narrow-mindedness to believe that there is only one pixel manipulator.

But you have to admit that is a little odd to work in PSP, use PS for transparancy and then go back to PSP. Still: chacun a son gout. Artists are unpredictable, and the outcome is more important than the tool.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    These Graemlins indicate a big grin followed by a wink wink yes? This, along with a LOL should have indicated that we were but shedding some humour here...sheeeeeeesh

I too wonder why one would use such aproach, but then again...oh never mind, hardly the place and most probably a waste of time.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by gidgit on February 09, 2002 at 13:30.]
    IP

Gidgit, it was not meant to nail you down. Must admit I didn't see that you and Mark are from the same town, and will probably know one-another.
    If you consider this touchy, then you ain't seen nothing yet.
    IP