Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polar Grid Tool

Hello, I am using Corel 12 and a friend of mine is using Illustrator CS2.

To make radial spikes on a circle he uses the Polar Grid Tool, I can't find a tool that does that in mine.

I need help with this challenge.

Regards
    IP

You can rotate a line by moving the rotation axis to the end of the line, in the Transform Docker under rotate, you can choose any number of degrees you'd like to rotate the line, if you want rays of different lenghth, you can group and rotate several lines using the same method which all share a common point. Rotate from that point. In Transform you can choose to rotate and leave a duplicate behind or just duplicate, choose the first one.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Thank you for your speedy reply, I am faithful to Corel Draw since v3, good old 3.5 disk days, lol.

Do people make plugins for Draw??
    IP

There are scripts for DRAW which are very useful, they do things like add crop marks, register marks, change all of one specific color to another.

When I bought 12.0 it came with a free download from KPT but you have to change your artwork to raster first to use it. It is still very cool.

Many plug-ins are compatible with PhotoPaint and also with DRAW if rastered first.

Check out Oberon, you'll find it interesting.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Excellent site, thanks again, I will try to do a rosettte by miself using his tutorial.

Regards.
    IP

One quick tip some overlook is "Smart duplicate".

When you apply a transform function to a duplicated object, as long as the object remains selected the transforms will be memorised. If you then hit Ctrl/D, the next duplicate has the same transformations applied.

Example...If you wanted to create spokes of a wheel, you create one spoke, duplicate and rotate (say 15 degrees). Now just hold down Ctrl and every time you hit the D key you create another spoke which is rotated 15 degrees. Just continue hitting the D key until you have created 360 degrees of spokes (twelve?).

Sark
    IP

Cool tip, I don't use as many key board shortcuts as I could. I use the Transform Docker a lot, and click the ol' mouse 12 x's.

Can you do the smart transform without entering the Transform Docker?

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Sally.

Once duplicated, as long as the object/s remains selected, all transforms applied to the duplicate will be applied to the next duplicate, created by pressing Ctrl/D.

I guess it works pretty much like the Transform dockers "Apply to Duplicate", but with interactive transform functionality.

This is one of the few shortcuts I use, apart from the usual copy, cut, constrain shortcuts. Like yourself, I tend to work via menus or dockers, partly due to the different apps I use not having identical shortcuts, and partly laziness. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Sark
    IP

Hello Masters (Sallybode and Sark) I have got another for you.

As instructed by Sallybode I saw a web page with a tutorial on rossetes.

I was trying to make one without the script but when I got to making the borders I got to a dead end!!

The reason: I was trying to make a corner cut-out of two objects using a lasso triangle. I would like to send the CDR file to you but I dont know how from here!!
    IP

Are you talking about the SecuriDesign page?
    The generators are fantastic. I doubt if you could get the results easily by manually making them, but maybe playing with blends, envelopes and rotations acould let you create something similar.
    IP