If there are many Powerclips on a page, this may be true, if there is one Powerclips with a whole page of complicated items, it gives you back your memory. I had to work on the AV Fair LOGO, it was forwarded to us in CYMK but we needed to print it less than 1/4 of the size and in grayscale. Just as in color photography, when the saturation of colors is nearly the same, it does not make for sufficient contrast to make a good black and white picture, neither does it work in vector graphics. I recolored the drawing using shades of gray to give it the contrast it needed. But when I pasted on the page, with the rest of the information (it was a parade form sign up) things really slowed down, and about came to a halt when I added the same graphic to the next page. I went back to the back up version because this one was too large a file to open, and put the black and white Fair LOGO in a Powerclip and then resized it for both instances and had plenty of memory for the use of the LOGO and the LOGO modified on the second page. Other than that there was no difference in the way the file was put together. It is like placing graphics in InDesign and PageMaker, the placed file has a representation of the file as a place holder but does not reside fully in the file you are working with so that it doesn't bog things down. Powerclipping may manage memory as subfiles.

It seems the way the memory is being managed is very much the same as the symbols palette, except Powerclips do not have any rules, they can take any sort of file, transparency, you name it, even .eps color and duotones, tritones, and package it neatly up. The Symbols palette limits you to vector graphics with no transparency.