Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This oughtta be easy for you guys...I was putting together a furled U.S. flag for a friend today, and when it came time to place 50 stars on a blue field I created some horizontal guides so I could keep the row of stars aligned. BUT the darn guides insisted on hiding behind the work! I looked around for an option to 'bring the guide layer to front' but no find. I know I've used the guides before and haven't had this happen. What's up??? (I tried it with vert and horiz guides--same thing. Also, I tried applying the grid for the same reason, but the grid is medium blue and didn't show up on the blue field!) Thanks for your time and attention to detail.
    !) Thanks for your time and attention.

This oughtta be easy for you guys...I was putting together a furled U.S. flag for a friend today, and when it came time to place 50 stars on a blue field I created some horizontal guides so I could keep the row of stars aligned. BUT the darn guides insisted on hiding behind the work! I looked around for an option to 'bring the guide layer to front' but no find. I know I've used the guides before and haven't had this happen. What's up??? (I tried it with vert and horiz guides--same thing. Also, I tried applying the grid for the same reason, but the grid is medium blue and didn't show up on the blue field!) Thanks for your time and attention to detail.
    !) Thanks for your time and attention.

Hello Turtleman 2,

Press F10 to open the layers gallery and then drag the guides layer above the other layers and you should have the guides on top.

Joel

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joel Schilling:
    Hello Turtleman 2,

Press F10 to open the layers gallery and then drag the guides layer above the other layers and you should have the guides on top.

Joel<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and then;
    Right click on the guide layer in the layer gallery. Select properties and change the color to whatever you like

+++"Nothing except a battle lost can be half as melancholy as a battle won."+++

The Duke of Wellington
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

Joel and Grant are right on the money. I have always preferred the CorelDRAW approach of having the guides in front of the drawing instead of behind it. But with Xara you can have it either way.

Two other ways of working with guides that are behind the objects is to make the objects you are working with slightly transparent (you can turn off the transparency when you are done) which lets the guides show though, or working in Wireframe (Outline) display mode.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

or you can have objects placed on different layers and then temporarily make some layers invisible so you can see the guidelines and just in case the workplace is cluttered, etc.

Yes, it's me.
    Yes, it's me.

THANKS MUCHO TO JOEL, ET AL
    for the excellent, to-the-point answers to my question. As the mouse said to the lion,
    "Maybe I'll be able to help you out someday."

(have fun!)