Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old people

Hybrid View

Illustration started earlier this month for a booklet highlighting the effect the closure of post offices in local comunities is having, particularly on the older people who have been depending on the services supplied there for many years now. Not something I had particularly thought about before being asked to provide the picture I must admit. All Xara with a photograph for a background that wasn't a closed post office as I couldn't find one.

Derek old people

Hey Derek, Very nice! It is looking good. the shading on the womans face could use a bit of work. Seems too smooth...

Why is the old woman winking and smiling? The post office is closing down and I would assume they'd be sad...
    It's the eye that's bothering me, it's too young an eye for an old woman... and the buckteeth... bad dentures?
    Don't take offense on my comments, though. Just voicing my views. It is obvious that you put a lot of work into this.

John
    I agree, the frames are more or less just a flat fill at present and need to be re-drawn from scratch which I have started on but it will have to wait a little while I finish a more urgent piece of work, I want to change the colour anyway.
    Still that will give me time to notice other stuff that could be changed as well.
    Derek

old folk
    Risto
    Not really the wink was just to make her cheerful, like I said before the post office is shut, no one has died.
    (Texture on the face is changed a little as I try to age her a bit more)

old folk]
    Laugh lines on wrinkly forhead emphasised and a lining added to the old chaps jacket as he was looking a little cold.
    Derek

Derek... Looks lots better! Take a look at Eggs wookie tut. That might give you a short cut or two for doing the hair.

Looking Lots better Derek. Take a look at her glasses. Are there any hightlights/shadows on the frame? The lenses look good, but the frames look like they need a wittle work.

Old Folk
    Reworked the hair on both characters and the 'ear', though I'm thinking it would be better to grow the hair and cover it up. I'd spent so much time on his hat, the ear took second place-I wish I'd given it those flaps that drop down and cover the side of your head.
    derek

Hi Derek,

Cheeks look good, forhead looks.... too smooth. Need a laugh line or two at least.