Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm so confused. I have several pictures of salads and sandwiches for a food layout. I want to put a shadow on each item. When I drag for a new shadow the shadow sometimes shows all around the item and sometimes like the lighting is from a rear angle so the shadow is only on the lower part. The second option is what I'm trying to produce consitently. Also if the item is on top of another bitmap the shadow will not be the form of the item on top. Seems I cannot modify a shadow of a bitmap on top of another, larger bitmat. I have to move the item off the background to apply a shadow.
    IP

I'm so confused. I have several pictures of salads and sandwiches for a food layout. I want to put a shadow on each item. When I drag for a new shadow the shadow sometimes shows all around the item and sometimes like the lighting is from a rear angle so the shadow is only on the lower part. The second option is what I'm trying to produce consitently. Also if the item is on top of another bitmap the shadow will not be the form of the item on top. Seems I cannot modify a shadow of a bitmap on top of another, larger bitmat. I have to move the item off the background to apply a shadow.
    IP

HI,

Hope this will help.

In CorelDraw
    a. make a shape exactly like the bitmap you want.
    b. make the bitmap "fit to" the shape that you was created.
    c. drop the shadow from the object.
    IP

thank you so much

Marie
    IP