Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Geez, folks--

One post in 2 days? What is this, the CorelDRAW 4 forum??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here, look: attached is an image. Write in and call it shit, write in and call it wonderful. I don't care.

Who wants to be a moderator if there's nothing to moderate?

--Bouton

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frog.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	19721  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Geez, folks--

One post in 2 days? What is this, the CorelDRAW 4 forum??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here, look: attached is an image. Write in and call it shit, write in and call it wonderful. I don't care.

Who wants to be a moderator if there's nothing to moderate?

--Bouton

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Gary - I think everyone is out enjoying spring flowers, sunsets, or perhaps contemplating their navels. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I've been playing with that '3D Canvas' application I downloaded as my introduction to 3d modelling. Perhaps later this evening I can post my first ever model! Maybe that will get the folks posting --- things like "give it up man" or "maybe you should take a course! - sooner rather than later".

It is funny (funny-strange-not-funny-ha-ha) how the forums change character from time to time. All it can take is one post sometimes to lift a funk.

Maybe someone has a nice model they have never posted???

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Sounds like a coffin-modelling challenge! (Not a competition - because everyone in the game of life & death is a winner). How about we post our dream (or nightmare) coffin??? Mine will have a coffee maker!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Rue Morgue Avenue...everyone's killed or slowly drawn into the black wholes of dreamless sleep...
    Right.
    Then I'll upload an image.

I chose the design of one of my etchings (Kore) and wanted to try out Poser to see if I could find some use for it as I still am doubting... The girl is indeed a Poser one, and the texture is based on one by Stefania Zampini. The background is a fractal done in Ultrafractal. Everything was brought together in PS with desaturation and soft masks.
    In my opinion, digital colours can often use some desaturation. Not to make them more realistic, but to make them more natural.

OK. This was the uninteresting part. Fact is that I am still searching for a bridge between my limited practice in- and knowledge of digital apps on one hand, and the images I see before my mind's eye. Images I could never paint...
    Attached Files Attached Files

You see Gary, I told you it's been quiet around here! Look back and you'll see that we went some days without any posts at all. I know, because I check this forum nearly daily. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Erik,
    That image is truly disturbing. What an awesome use of Poser. I usually consider Poser figures to look rather "plastic" (no offense to any Poser users) and I never consider using them in my images. Maybe that will have to change. Your texturing of her is very well done, and I couldn't agree more with your comments about desaturating digital images to make them more "natural". This is a good example of what Gary was talking about: no matter how many apps you used, it is the end result that jumps out of the monitor, makes my jaw hit the keyboard, and makes my mouth form the "wow" sound. Excellent work. Disturbing.

Brett

yea, what Brett said...that's it...
    very cool poser pic Erik... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    cute froggy there Gary... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    looking forward to viewing some 3D there Ross... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

and yes, tis gardening time these days. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Sorry what was that Garry?...I tripped over a Cadaver on the way in [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

No posts is not necessarily a bad thing Gary,it just means everyone is contemplating what was recently voiced [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thats cool image Erik....very nice indeed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Brett just curious have you played the guitar over the last few days? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ross post away [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My night mare coffin would be a coffin with TV screens all around the inside playing 24 - 7 line dancing,but being interupted every now and now then for Polka highlights [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Stu.

Stu,
    No, haven't played lately. I own four guitars (two acoustic, two electric) and current financial situations have me contemplating selling all but the 6-string acoustic. The two electrics aren't up to Gary's standards (an '80s Fender Strat and an '80s Studio Les Paul) but I could get out of some trouble by letting them go. Very hard to do though, I grew up with these girls.

Did you realize, Stu, that I live in the Polka capital of the free world? That's right, good ole Cleveland Ohio, home of Frankie Yankovic and the Polka All Stars (don't worry, it's not like I'm into polka or anything) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] So maybe old Frankie can join you in your coffin (actually he entered his own some years back).

Curious about any dragon progress Stu???
    Keep us posted, bud.

Brett

Almost all boned Brett [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .........damn I hate boning.....groan [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img].After I finish boning I am going to make a still image that is different [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Before/if you sell your guitars Brett find some time to play up a storm and tape it for posterity for later.Also dont worry if you have to sell them you will find another somewhere on your travels [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Right 3D question how would I go about making a tutu for a Dragon?....no serious,I would like to have a try having a go at Dragon lake,maybe animation.You know the gingerly little steps on tip toes and everything,should be hillarious [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Its just I am having a bit of a brain fart and I cant work out the shape to use for the tutu.

Cheers

Stu.