Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Gallery...

Hi folks,

Was just wanting to mention that i've just posted somewhat of a new gallery on my Photoshop site.

Considering that this is a 3D community, i welcome any/all comments and/or questions about what i've done, since the majority of it is 3D. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Mark...

Hi folks,

Was just wanting to mention that i've just posted somewhat of a new gallery on my Photoshop site.

Considering that this is a 3D community, i welcome any/all comments and/or questions about what i've done, since the majority of it is 3D. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Mark...

Hey Mark,

I like the River City Encounter image! It really has great flow to it. Island Sunset was another one I rather enjoyed - warm, relaxing feeling from that one. Your setup and lighting is perfect. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and that's a nice little applet you got there to organize your Gallery.

...for the kind words Earl.

Ya my fav of the scenic images is also the "Island Sunset". I like it for the same reasons you do.

The "River City Encounter" was just completed about a month ago. I like that one too, especially for the colour scheme.

As you've seen though Earl, most of my images/renderings don't contain a lot of "movement" in them. I'm not exactly sure yet just WHY i choose not to add any, only that i think it's something to do with the type of 'personal style' i'm trying to develop. Which in itself is still very young, to me. I've never had much free time to work on 'personal' projects, so my own style development has been short-lived to date.

If you, or anyone have any 'wisdom' to share, i am still in my "sponge" stage, so feel free. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The Applet
    Ya that's a great applet huh? I find it VERY well designed/created. It was written by a guy called Hermit. Check out his site to find out more about it if you like.

Mark...

[This message was edited by theKeeper on April 13, 2001 at 02:38 AM.]

Mark,

Nice site, and I enjoyed the gallery.

Very inspiring images and a fascinating way to present them. (I first chose to see your Xara works...)

But (in Opera) the applet crashed after some five or six images, to be more precise in the Photoshop department when those two robots were working.
    Opera often behaves like some prudish virgin...this is becoming a nuisance. BUT it is the fastest when it comes to downloading... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on April 13, 2001 at 08:12 AM.]

Thanks Randy. I appreciate it.

Erik, i'm not too too familiar with the capabilities of Opera. I tried it a long time ago (ver.3) and liked some of it's uses. But i'm not happy with their lack of CSS/DHTML support.
    Sorry about the applet not functioning completely for you. But that's most definitely a browser problem.

Thanks for the kind words too Erik.

I love your site. I see from your profile you are a musician, too. You look like a friend of mine who is a designer/musician. Check it out to see if I'm right:

http://www.imagineave.com/index-photos.htm
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/51/raymondbarrett.html

Is it a creative thing that so many designers are multi-talented? (Except me...I hated taking those accordian lessions, hehehehe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

Kind of an odd thing to see so much of. But not completely unusual all-together. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You think we look alike??? hmm... well... except for his hair colour & length, general build, and the fact that i no longer wear a gotee... i guess one might see a slight resemblence. hehee

Thanks for the kind words smorg.

Your friend has a good setup there. I wish him all the best. I tried to listen to his MP3 sample but mp3.com was too slow getting me the file. I'll try again later.

So... ya likes to play the squeeze-box huh?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But i'm not happy with their lack of CSS/DHTML support.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Mark

No idea what Opera was like in the old days, but think you'll find that their CSS support is now among the best and most standards adherent in the business.

Also curious to know more about your music. Of course I've read the stuff in your profile but, being a musician myself, I'd like to know more... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

PS And I like your gallery too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]