Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Vista/Webstudio issue

Hello all,
    I've been using Menu Maker now for several months and love it... seems to integrate well and do all the things I ask of it. My question is:

This week I recently upgraded to Vista from XP... While I was able to get the download version of MM to install, I am now unable to use the program with Webstudio correctly. When trying to preview a page, Webstudio says it is unable to find the .js file for the menu I'm using, and continues to do so no matter how many times I locate the file manually for it. This is very frustrating, as I'm unable to update my site until this problem is resolved.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

Default Re: Vista/Webstudio issue

It's likely that Windows Vista is not fully supported by Xara Menu Maker or Graphics Studio, at any rate the Xara products home page certainly doesn't list that Vista support is available.
    However many legacy software applications can work with newer operating systems if a few steps are taking during installation and first run.
    Most commonly is to Install as Admininstrator and on first launch, Run as Administrator. This gives the software the permission it needs to access the registry.
    Also, you may need to set the launcher to run in compatibility mode for WindowsXP.
    Some applications cannot run with Aero enabled either, so Disable visual themes from the shortcut properties sheet (under compatibilty)

Default Re: Vista/Webstudio issue

Well, it seems that the issue was more with Web Studio than with Xara... a complete re-install of WS appears to have solved the problem. These little bugs that have no apparent cause keep me up at night...

Thanks for the help!