Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi.

I wanna go into webdesign, and am gonna do a webdesign course, and wanted ya advice, this is the course im thinking of doing...(gonna upload it as a attachment, never done before, so hope it works)..could you look at it and tell me if its worth doing etc?

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Hi.

I wanna go into webdesign, and am gonna do a webdesign course, and wanted ya advice, this is the course im thinking of doing...(gonna upload it as a attachment, never done before, so hope it works)..could you look at it and tell me if its worth doing etc?

thanks
    IP

Greetings ..am going down a similar road to yourself. Have done a html course (£70) a javascript course (£90) and a dreamwaever course (£350). Get an indiviual learnung account http://www.dfee.gov.uk/ila/# ...should be about £200. Html was worth doing but if you do a dreamweaver course you will get away with it but its extremely handy to know some code. I think above all a knowlege of Photoshop and other graphic based programs are more important as the the developing side of things is useless without knowing the design side...got to have some meat for your sandwich if you no what I mean. As far as Oxford house is concerned I cant really say. Have been down to the building off Oxford St to have a look. Put it like this...I didnt rush to sign up but thats not to say that its no good...you should really get the opinion of someone who has been there. Basically you sit down with a tutorial based course in front of you and if you get stuck there is a tutor around to help you. The only other thing I can say is that the classes were absolutely packed out??? Did my courses at Southgate and St Martins will let you know about them if interested
    IP

hey

thanks for reply

im not defitnly doing this course, but i got 2 grand to play around with so wanna learn something wisely, whether learn loads of things like that course or concentrate on 2 or 3 things like photoshop, html and java or something...yeah, i wanna learn photoshop and paint shop pro for design side of things and html code, the things mentioned in that course is what i will learn, i wont be just learning one or 2 of them, but all of em so ill be learning html AND dreamweaver....im still keeping my eyes open for other courses and trying to get information etc, and am gonna go down to oxford house in next week or so to take a look, have a chat find out if what i learn will be advanced enough to get good job etc etc, looking foward to the challenege, but wanna learn something worth while so not rushing into it...just like to know from web designers who know about the business also what needs to be learned etc.

cheers
    IP

To Myself, Greetings!
    Hang on there before you spend considerable money on courses for webmastering. I downloaded your file and noticed the courses you are considering are hundreds of dollars.

If some of these courses are crash courses, I do not recommend that you take them. Html code is easier to learn than most languages, but it has grown to be extensive. It is not such a good idea to take classes that are many hours long in a single day.

I have been taking courses at a site named http://www.lvsonline.com for many weeks now, and I have taken online courses at a site named SmartPlanet for about 3 years now.

The courses at these online learning sites that I mention are very cheap! But, the content of the courses is excellent. I can't say enough about the Paint Shop Pro classes that I have taken at LVS online learning. The beginners coarse at LVS cost only $20.00 for six weeks of lessons that you download. There is no class book; all of the information (tutorials) is provided by LVS online learning.

LVS has an instructor that is online every day, and that instructor reviews your work and answers questions. I now have a very large ringed notebook with excellent tutorials on rendering graphics on web pages.

I have taken 2 courses on "ASP" at http://www.smartplanet.com that were excellent. Those courses cost $20.00 but you have to pay for a class book at Smartplanet.com. They have online instructors at Smartplanet also. I have taken "HTML", "VB Script", "Javascript", "Access", "SQL" and "PSP" at Smartplanet before I found out about LVS online which is even cheaper than Smartplanet.

You will need your $2,000 for software, books and computer hardware...no doubt. So please! At least investigate what I recommend and you will not be disappointed.

I have a nephew that spent thousands for computer courses before he found out about these online learning sites. He says that the courses at the online learning sites were just as good and in some cases, better than the classes he attended. I also suggest that you learn Paint Shop Pro because it is a great deal cheaper than Photo Shop and now PSP has all of the features that you need.

Unless you already know graphics very well, and need a specific feature that can only be found in Photo Shop, I suggest that you study PSP. It will do just about everything that you will need.

At LVS online learning all courses that you take after the 1st coarse are only 12.00 per session. That session is six weeks long. You won't go wrong.

I am not affiliated with LVS or Smartplanet in any way. I am just grateful that I have gained the expertise and learned all that I needed for practically nothing. I, like most people needed my money for software and hardware, and could hardly afford to take classes for many hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Here are the links again…
    http://www.lvsonline.com
    http://www.smartplanet.com

If you want more details, post a response to this message and I will communicate with you about these classes. Good Luck.

Regards,
    Ed Casey
    IP

hey

thanks for reply

ive tried online learning, but im sort of person who needs one on one tutition so to speak if ya know what i mean, cant do it myself, prolly lack of motivation....im going to oxford street this week to check out premises, have chat with em etc...classes are 3 hours a day for 3 months....
    IP

just got this reply from them.

Thanks for your enquiry. Our e-commerce course assumes no previous knowledge of web development or design and it's aimed to take you up to a rather advanced level. In fact, by the end of the course you are expected to have developed a full database-driven site. This will enable you to show your skills to potential employers. Most of the student who completed our e-commerce course have got into employment quite soon, however, you'll have to look for a junior position to begin with, which will be paid around £25.000 .

Hope this helps.
    IP