Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

worX? Are you sure that you're not using a foreign keyboard? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Just teasing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Come on folks...put things in perpective. I use all of the above and I understand what each does and do not complain that one does not do all. If I choose to buy a limited app (or whatever descriptive you wish to give it) then I have to suck it up (Caveat Emptor I think it is called). Once I spent hours doing a simple animation in 3D Studio Max that my little cousin did in Ulead 3D in 30 minutes. Do I belittle Ulead because it can't design video games? No. Some tools were made to satisfy a specific demand. Xara 3D is one of these tools. Think of it as "Minute 3D" (as in time and not small)

I have to know as a professional which tool to use to solve a specific problem. Any "professor" can be elegant - blow $1500 on Studio, spend an hour getting the "right" shading on some stupid title only to degrade it by exporting to a web graphics format. Xara3D allows you to pick a font, a perpective, color and then export it. Quick and simple without pretense.

All these apps are just tools. Instead of being a snob about any one tool and belittling those who have been able to maximize the functionalities of a tool, even a simple one, why not say, I wish Xara3D could do this: X, Y, Z and educate us on the value of those features.

Again, I think our knowledge of 3D tools could be better served in this forum to teach others on how to "think" 3D, or how to get the most out of a limited tool, or recommend how another tool does an effect more efficiently.

Lastly, if you disagree, why get personal? I recon you've got to be smarter than that? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Milt