Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

that every work of any artist is a self-portrait. That is, in some way every expression that comes out of a person -- be it art, music, words, or actions -- is primarily a picture of that person, not of anything or anyone else.

Martha Cadet, as a new member here the picture you have painted of yourself is not very attractive. It suggests that you are envious of people who have gained the respect of others through their hard work, and that you have difficulty coping with negative feelings and thoughts in a private and appropriate way.

Am I wrong? If so, I'd love to see you prove so.

Glen.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

And just intalled it.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'll just go and play with it... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Dan Fournier
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

I suppose that this would be a good time to remind all that every app is only as good as those who use such...

... also that thinking outside of the box is common place when using most any app...

for instance... the letter I can become a steel "I" beam, or with another font selection can become a rectangle primitive... bla bla... leading all the way towards the inclusion of the methods shown through the link provided by Gary...

hey, if it worx for ya then great... if something else worx for ya then also cool...

bottomline folks... it's the worx, and those who create em that truly count... the app is but the tool used... then again, I suppose the apps are worx as well, of a different sort, created by very talented people... way to go to the programmers of all the fine apps to be found...

peace, and oh yes... happy creating all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ed - can you contact me directly at webmaster@xara.com to get this issue resolved.

Can you explain in your email exactly what you are doing (which pages you are going to) and any errors that are reported.

Thanks

Ed

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Xara have advised of continuing development of Xara X. From what I understand, a new version is not likely to be any time soon. Perhaps in four or five months we might know more of what Xara's plans are.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Yes, Cool 3D has animation [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] avi [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] swf [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

No screensaver output, because the program wasn't meant to be a screensaver designer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

BTW, I use Cinema 4D [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Next time Gary, don't feel so attacked; it's just a program [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I still think that it's a rather limited program, being unable to create some simple 3D objects like you can with Serif Draw3D Plus or Ulead Cool 3D.

Just my 2 cents

After a bit of a technical glitch on our site, Xara3D 5 is now up for sale.

Go to the product page for more information on the product.

Xara3D 5

Come on folks...put things in perpective. I use all of the above and I understand what each does and do not complain that one does not do all. If I choose to buy a limited app (or whatever descriptive you wish to give it) then I have to suck it up (Caveat Emptor I think it is called). Once I spent hours doing a simple animation in 3D Studio Max that my little cousin did in Ulead 3D in 30 minutes. Do I belittle Ulead because it can't design video games? No. Some tools were made to satisfy a specific demand. Xara 3D is one of these tools. Think of it as "Minute 3D" (as in time and not small)

I have to know as a professional which tool to use to solve a specific problem. Any "professor" can be elegant - blow $1500 on Studio, spend an hour getting the "right" shading on some stupid title only to degrade it by exporting to a web graphics format. Xara3D allows you to pick a font, a perpective, color and then export it. Quick and simple without pretense.

All these apps are just tools. Instead of being a snob about any one tool and belittling those who have been able to maximize the functionalities of a tool, even a simple one, why not say, I wish Xara3D could do this: X, Y, Z and educate us on the value of those features.

Again, I think our knowledge of 3D tools could be better served in this forum to teach others on how to "think" 3D, or how to get the most out of a limited tool, or recommend how another tool does an effect more efficiently.

Lastly, if you disagree, why get personal? I recon you've got to be smarter than that? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Milt

Gaussian... Sorry but Cool 3D just doesn't cut it yet. I tried it when it was at ver 1. Then again at ver 2. and now with the latest version 3.5 they still don't get it.

The interface has never been and still is not intuative. Its still difficult to have complete control over creativity so IHMO all you do with this is click and get what IT wants to give you.... NOT what you really want.

It's not helpful to recommend this to anyone other than to your enemies or to thoes who don't have any creativity what so ever and never will with this package. My guess is that 1% will take the time to learn and even have the patience it takes to understand it. The rest will pitch it aside once the novilty wears off and wonder why they bought it in the first place.

You try to suggest its good software and then don't even use it yourself. What are we to think about that? What is your point in all of this?

Xara 3D suffers from non of the above! This is really no contest with regards to useability, intuativeness, creativity and fun!

I'll take another look at Cool 3D some day into the future, perhaps when it reaches ver 14. Maybe by then the author/s will buy a copy of Xara 3D himself and learn what user friendly software is all about.

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!