Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: NinjaZX-12R

Hey, this is my latest project in which I have been working quite a while. Everything's not perfect but I hope you enjoy it anyway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NinjaZX-12R.jpg 
Views:	671 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	4951  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hey, this is my latest project in which I have been working quite a while. Everything's not perfect but I hope you enjoy it anyway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Looks pretty finished to me Steve.

I'm not sure what else you could do to make it any better than it already is, except perhaps add a ride in leathers.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Don't ya just love what Xara can do in the hands of an inspirationalist! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Great image Steve, very nice.

Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

About how long did that take to get to this point? (looks finished to me)

Dennis

<a href=http://www.inconnect.com/~dennisco>Carillus Design</a>
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>

... with your bikes and cars are amazing!

I would love to see a mini tutorial on something like that. The "I LOVE XARA" post describes the technique for that polo bottle drawing - is a similar technique used for the cars and bikes?

I normally just doodle away with Xara when I have time, but I think I should try to give it ago on atleast one transportation vehicle.

Great work on the bike Steve!

Perhaps you could "briefly" describe the technique used to creating something like that?

I know I could do a fairly decent drawing with pen and paper - but I have no idea how to go about doing something like that in Xara.

Risto

That is real photo-quality!

I think I use a lot different technique than most of the Xarans here. Mine may be a little more time consuming and there's probably a lot of easier ways to do it and get the same effect, but I started using this program with no internet and no previous instruction so I basically came up with my own way.
    I am currently trying to find more ways to make my drawings with less objects. The tools I mainly use the most are the Elliptical, Linear, and Fractal transparencies; some of the Fills and some blends. But I use the transparency tool a LOT! I just keep cloning them onto each other (Very familiar with the Ctrl+K keys!)and moving them into the right spot till I get the perfect blend. This does, however, add up and creates a longer loading/saving time. But Xara, being the great program it is, doesn't make them very large files compared to others:

NinjaZX-12R - 2,833 Objects - 201kb
    Prowler - 901 " " - 48kb
    Corvette - 1,076 " " - 78kb

So it's really hard to make a tutorial on on how to do it, you just really have to experiment: Think of something you'd like to make, look around the internet for pictures and details on that certain thing. Once you think you are familiar with how "it" looks, either use your head or copy off a picture and use different tools until you find how to create the effect you want. My way of creating vehicles will be completely different from another persons, and both persons technique won't work on another genre, say, Landscapes. So, you can use my idea's and try creating something and if you don't like it find your own technique. I wish you the best of luck [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Steve Newport

[This message was edited by Steve Newport on February 11, 2001 at 03:16 PM.]
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Excellent work! Vehicles invaded the gallery it seems [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I agree with you Steve. There are no general method to create nice pictures. The only usable technique is hard work and every theme requires unique solutions. I tried to achieve good results with little energy. There is no such way.
    Just a suggestion to everyone: aim at something and try to DO it. Don't just imagine what you could do but try to do it.
    My first "serious" drawing (the McLaren) took me 1 and a half year(!) to create. Experimenting with diffrent kinds of tools on the tiniest spots took dozens of minutes in the beginning. There were months without drawing because it seemed too hard sometimes. When I got the inspiration, I went on with it. Give things a try.

[This message was edited by Balazs Magyar on February 12, 2001 at 01:27 AM.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Steve - I was just looking at all your previously posted images. You've come a long way really fast. The bike is really hot!

The drawing approach you describe is actually very similar to how I create architectural renderings in Xara. (Except I don't use blends very much and when I do they are almost always later, for one reason or another, converted to editable shapes). I often end up with thousands of shapes with various transpariency effects to build up the desired results. The most important thing I've learned to speed up my work is to use layers to structure my drawings more logically. It makes it far easier to tweak the near complete drawing. I haven't applied the name gallery to any projects yet - I think it too will make things much easier. Are you using it in your work?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>