Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I haven't seen much on the web about Picture Publisher. It was my first graphics program, (I bought the Webtricity package) and after trying several other graphics programs (Canvas 6, Ulead, Paint Shop, I've stuck with PP because of its ease of use.

I'd have to say the closest comparison would be Uleads program. With PP10 it is very similar, offering image slicing, text on a curve, multiple web output previews, rollovers, macro recorder, screen capture, ect.

Maybe now that Micrografx is owned by Corel, there will be better support for its users - how-to books, user forums ect. PP is no longer available in my area, I have to order direct and pay outrageous postal rates. I hope that changes.

Anybody else use PP?

What do you especially like about Micrografx?
    Tony
    Tony

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tonylondon:
    What do you especially like about Micrografx?
    Tony<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I like the ease of use, it wasn't very hard to learn - it was my first graphics program. It's uncluttered, with all the features I would imagine ever needing. I like the 'object' vs. 'layers' that most other programs use, it seems more streamlined and intuitive.

I like the macros recorder feature. The pre-installed macros are nice. Lots of image correction/special effects plug-ins, undo command center, nice masking features including chroma-mask, light/lens flare/camera studios, customizable lay-out, (nice to put away the redundant/unused features/menus you rarely use, making lay-out even less cluttered).

Some of the new features in v10 are:

Image slicing, a feature I like but I still prefer Ulead Smart Saver Pro. Also included are roll-over image/text tools, and image map html output.

Multiple image preveiw for web output.

Text on a curve. (useful)

Auto-white balance correction. (useful)

Perspective shadow. (useful)

Image healer (plug-in useful for older pics)
    I tried this plug-in, didn't work as good as the clone tool.

Lightning bolt plug-in (gimicky)

More merge modes.

I started out with PP8, and have PP9 and 10. It's basically the same in all except for the features I listed.

[This message was edited by glyph on November 21, 2001 at 10:02.]

[This message was edited by glyph on November 23, 2001 at 23:23.]

Thanks glyph,

it sounds there is more to the program than I thought!
    Tony
    Tony