Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Since I have recently savaged XaraX for its highly problematic web functions, let me now say that find its 32 bit PNG file export fabulous for getting lovely 8-bit masked images into Photoshop!

The 32 bit PNGs are also great for arranging transparently masked elements within in XX itself, as they totally eliminate the processor intensive overhead involved in rendering the often horribly slooooow-to-redraw shadows and bevels.

So I recommend to you all to try using more PNGs. Goodbye, ye crude on-off-masking-GIFs!

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Since I have recently savaged XaraX for its highly problematic web functions, let me now say that find its 32 bit PNG file export fabulous for getting lovely 8-bit masked images into Photoshop!

The 32 bit PNGs are also great for arranging transparently masked elements within in XX itself, as they totally eliminate the processor intensive overhead involved in rendering the often horribly slooooow-to-redraw shadows and bevels.

So I recommend to you all to try using more PNGs. Goodbye, ye crude on-off-masking-GIFs!

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Good ideas Klaus, i'll have to try those myself.

Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mark...

Yes a great idea Klaus... after I figured out just exactly what a PNG file was that is!

I don't know if anyone else was like me but I only had a vague idea of what a PNG file was. So I immediately looked up the definition of PNG. And came across the following URL:

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/PNG/

"PNG is an extensible file format for the lossless, portable, well-compressed storage of raster images. PNG provides a patent-free replacement for GIF and can also replace many common uses of TIFF. Indexed-color, grayscale, and truecolor images are supported, plus an optional alpha channel for transparency. Sample depths range from 1 to 16 bits."

I'm sold for sure now…

Thanks
    Reji

The Wheel "TUFF" Brat

----
    /|================================================= |\
    The O CONSULTANT | Reji Martin,
    Wheel /- TO THE | reji@isn.net
    Brat ( )\_ STAIRS! | PEI, Canada
    \|================================================ =|/
    ----Checkout my carvings @
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...34527&a=216030
    ------ O
    ----- /-
    ---- ( )\\_
    The WheelBrat ~ Faisg air an Aird-a-Tuath, Canada

Yes but too bad IE is no using the alpha color of PNG.

There is only this stuff named Netscape 6.

It is really bad, because my site is not compatible with N6 due to is funny way of displaying tables and images.

Does anyone heard about a addon or pluggin for IE5.5 to use the alpha of the PNG ????

It would be so cool, and web site could be a lot prettier...

Love this forum man !!!