Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ok well heres my problem... I need a half decent website in soon and I know little about html ... so I purchased Xaras Webstyle 2 cause it claims to be a b ig help.. which so far it seems to be..

however once I am done making all the headings, nav bars etc. it saves the file as either .gif or .jpg , except for the nav bars and buttons which are saved in html format aswell...........

I goto myu html editor after converting the images to html in Microsoft word and copy and paste the html into my html editor onto the buttons page...

now heres where I get my problem.. I cant seem to get all the images to show up, and they are all messed up and a whole bunch of stuff goes wrong..

so my question is.. Is there a way I can save the entire theme or project as an html file with everything where it would go on the page then in my html editor just add the text that goes on the page, or what...

plz help.
    IP

Ok well heres my problem... I need a half decent website in soon and I know little about html ... so I purchased Xaras Webstyle 2 cause it claims to be a b ig help.. which so far it seems to be..

however once I am done making all the headings, nav bars etc. it saves the file as either .gif or .jpg , except for the nav bars and buttons which are saved in html format aswell...........

I goto myu html editor after converting the images to html in Microsoft word and copy and paste the html into my html editor onto the buttons page...

now heres where I get my problem.. I cant seem to get all the images to show up, and they are all messed up and a whole bunch of stuff goes wrong..

so my question is.. Is there a way I can save the entire theme or project as an html file with everything where it would go on the page then in my html editor just add the text that goes on the page, or what...

plz help.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

BigD16 - I'm not a WebStyle user but maybe this will help. It is my understanding that Webstyle produces a series of images and some html code. It sounds like things are getting screwed up by bringing MSWord and its 'conversion' filter into the equation - it isn't necessary.

Open the Webstyle-generated coding (use notepad if you can't open it directly in your html editor). Copy the code and then paste it into the page you are developing in your html editor. To make it work you may have to check that the images are located appropriately for the html to call them up. I'm quite sure you don't have to do anything to the WebStyle generated images - just make sure your final coding knows where to locate them.

If I'm inaccurate in this advice I'm sure some WebStyle wiz will set things straight.

Last point: As a Xara user I know Xara Ltd's help files tend to be quite good. If you haven't reviewed the 'help' already perhaps you should - it could have all the answers you need (in far more detail than a non-user like me could ever hope to offer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    IP

thank you for your suggestions... I will give it a try...

p.s. I see you are from good ole Nova scotia.... me too eh
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Wow - another Nova Scotian! We really must be taking over the world. Relative to our limited population we Nova Scotians are very well represented in the talkgraphics.com forums. Besides us, there are NS participants: David King, Oyster, Neil, and fellow moderator Jen Worden.

BigD16 - make sure you check out all the forums.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    IP