Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have just created a Navbar with drop-down menu's and positioned the graphic in my header frame. The problem is that I have to reduce the size of the main frame because the drop-down menu's won't overlap the frame. I'm sure there's a way to resolve this as I've seen it on other sites.

Can anyone advise me.

Joe.

Instead of using two seperate frames try using an iframe in the page with the menu. I've found that the menu will drop down over an iframe.

Excuse my ognorance...what is an "i" frame please?
    cheers

Joe-London,
    According to the xara FAQ, the solution is to make a frame large enough to hold the entire menu. Were the sites you referred to done with xara? If yes can you post a URL so I can see ?

Shotan,
    I would guess Inline Frame, but who knows....

I have tried IFrames with no luck. Here is my code. Am I doing something wrong here?

<iframe src="http://www.mydomain.com/DimpleTab.html" name="menu" id="menu" width="124" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    Just for the fun of IT.

This can be done with other sofware - e.g. DHTML Menu Builder (you can download a trial version from http://software.xfx.net/index.html.)
    It needs a special piece of javascript to be inserted at the top of each page that is going to show in the lower/main frame.

I too was disappointed to learn that Xara software did not allow this. I purchased it because I liked the easy interface with Frontpage, but now I'll have to purchase the xfx software - unless Xara come up with their equivalent piece of script (because I'm not expert enough to figure what it should be.)

good to read you guys faced the same pb as I
    I was hopping to find some answers here, but looks like we'll have to find our own way.

I did notice one thing though: if the frame and the sub-menu are sized just right, when you unfold the sub-menu level 2, that last one will display opposit side from the level above....
    e.g. top menu > unfold right to sub-menu 1 > unfold left to sub-menu 2
    Am I making sense here?

Check this out someone figured out how to drop MM menues accross the frame.

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...3516#453103516

well, if his post is about displaying the menu and the menu-results in different frames, that is what I explained above.
    If the explanation is abbout displaying the sub-menu items in a different frame, that is another matter, but I found no occurence at all of the writeButton in any of the .js generated by WebStyle

The way I understand it is that dhtml is confined to the html document in which it was created, therefore if using frames you have several diff html windows and menu will be cut off.