Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hey everyone!
    I am stuck in the cartoon world on teeveee but now i want to really get stuck into the cartoons and backgrounds on xara x. I just got xara x last week and have been playing around and like it lots. (familiar with photoshop tho) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    I've been going thru the posts and this seems to be a helpful forum so i was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind helping me too...
    Anyhooo i was wondering if there was an online tutorial or something to help me get started making characters and cartoons and background scenery. I noticed someone posted about Garys Tutorial.. where is it...can someone pwease point that addy to me.. i must be hopeless i can't find it.. and any other help or url's would be soooo appreciated...
    thanks a bunch...
    meeeowww! =^.^=

teamkitten.com

Look hereGary's Tutorials
    Geology in the Bristol Area
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com

http://www.xaraxone.com/html/tutorials_menu.html

There are enough tutorials there to keep you going for a while. :-)

You may also want to investigate the movies on the Xara CD for help getting acquainted with various Xara features. In addition, you may want to search the Xara X forum for threads containing info directed toward newbies.

Glad to you have aboard the Xara train!

Allison

This discussion has made me somewhat nervous.

I got the IS/IT department at work to change my mouse because the butttons were too hard... I changed the mouse at home...

Now my index finger is starting to hurt! I don't know if I somehow over compensate for something weird I'm doing, or if my co-workers are really annoying this year.

What to do?

Risto

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

All this talk of pain and now my wrist is killing me with my elbow as an accomplice. I was fine until I read this stuff. Now I have no choice but to get a tablet and take two months off work...

Damn this forum!

Regards, Ross

PS - My eyes are getting blurry. Hey, anyone else's eyes getting blurry?

I have nailed down the causes for my blurry vision which is to much of or lack of [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] BEER!

What causes my headaches is trickier to figure out though... but I suspect a combination of the following:

(1) Nagging
    (2) Cursing
    (3) Threats
    (4) Saturday night double header
    (5) Kissing the TV - instead

What to do with the pain in my fingers *sigh* I wonder if one of those trackball things would help? Or are they just a pain in the a**?

Risto

Sorry guys for starting the thread.. Maybe its like talking about fleas; starts itching all over [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

As for my stupid arm, its not getting better. I havent been using Xara for over a week (or is it two? Im getting delirious). My doctor said: Eat this pills for a week, if it does not get better, come back. So I guess I have to go back there today. God, I hate this! Still working though, they know my arm hurts but still assign me tough-for-your-arm-things to do. So why don't you complain? You may ask. Well, I don't know. It feels like they aren't taking me serious, but I don't care, I'll quit any day now anyway. Take care.

Regards,
    Gustav

Not everyone may be able to get used to this, but it's helped this mouse jockey. I'm right handed, but several years ago, I reversed my mouse button functions so the left click is on the right button. I hold the mouse rotated counterclockwise to about 10 o'clock, with my index finger the only finger on any button. That keeps my wrist straight and under no strain. I move my index finger over to the left button for the less-frequent right-click operation. I think that's more comfortable than keeping a "weak" middle finger constantly poised over a less-frequently used button.

(It's also a moderately effective security feature if anybody else has access to your computer.)

Mike