Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 60kb mindblower

don't worry, virus free...note the file size
    Attached Files Attached Files

don't worry, virus free...note the file size

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Before we go downloading an .exe can you please tell us what it is and why we should download?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Yea, I totaly agree with Ross on this one...

Maybe you would care to provide some additional info here Erik... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Curiosity killed the cat.

And a mindblower it is. Love to know how they did it. Yes, note the filesize ... I was wondering when it'd end or run out or whatever, it just kept going. Oh, and - turn up your sound. I saw it through a 19" LG with SB live!!!

Beautiful concept. First I've seen of it. The quality was stunning for the filesize,.. Can you imagine if browsers could stream this stuff. The potential is endless.

Vey impressive Eric, thanks.

Wayne

[This message was edited by "W" on November 20, 2002 at 17:56.]

Way cool!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yes, NOTE the FILESIZE!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

THANK YOU, Eric!

An eye-opener for sure!

I agree with Wayne - The possibilities are indeed endless! But I feel too old... I'm, just trying to figure out how to make transparent things transparent in Photoshop... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

I ran through it again... It IS impossible! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm, just trying to figure out how to make transparent things transparent in Photoshop <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I noticed a few things the second time 'round. It appears to have many visual characteristics of a video game. No, it's not Shrek or Final Fantasy quality, but the compression ratio has me thinking that this is the same method Nintendo and others used.

The numbers in the credits were stunning. 100's of megs of textures, etc. It basically spoke of a 30000:1 compression ratio! I'm too old for this stuff too.

I'm such a wussy, er I'm mean rookie,... uhh wookie, ya - that's it!

Wayne Wookie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

For relieving my concerns.

Thanks Eric for posting this stunning example of creative use of bytes. Incredible.

I don't think they were trying to claim a 30000:1 compression ratio is responsible - more that it is the equivalent of that kind of ratio. It would seem their coding generates the textures/sounds rather than utilizing bmp's/wav's etc. The analogy to video games rings true to me but I have no knowledge of how such things are accomplished...

Stunning. (I really liked the tunnel with the lights swirling on the walls).

Thanks Eric.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>