Hi,
here an question from a satisfied CorelXara- and XaraX-user from the Netherlands.
As many of you, I too am impressed by the possibilities of all the Xara-products.

However, I'm experiencing a problem when exporting XAR-text into GIF- and JP(e)G-formats. This is probably due to the fact that I'm doing something wrong but I can't see what! Is there anybody out there who can help me?

What is my problem?
In CorelXara I make a simple text-file in Arial with the screen-quality set at Anti-aliased. In Corel It looks great, even after zooming in at 1000% percent or more. No problem.
But, when I export the file to GIF (and I think I've tried all the options: optimized palette, error diffusion etc.) the result is a fuzzy GIF-file where all the sharpness is gone. The options I've used in this example are 4bits (16 colours), error diffusion, no transparancy. The same goes when I export it into an JPG-file (options: 100% JPEG quality, 96 DPI).
After having read the FAQ-page at Xarazone.com I also tried Ctrl-K on the image before exporting it, as suggested, but the result stays very poor.

I'm sure Corel can do better than that, but I don't know how! What am I doing wrong here? Please help.

Thanks!