Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I don't know if this is going to be interesting to anyone <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I "did" check it out and was amazed at how quickly the demos DL'ed to my machine (28.8).

I was also pleasantly surprised to see a substantial database of a "viewlet" demo list to choose from. Heck, even though they are there for inspiration to build viewlets ... there's a barrelfull of knowledge to glean. There are 40 + movies on Flash 4 and 5 alone !!!

Check it out here

Thanks for the tip Robert... I am downlaoding the app right now.

Wayne

Yes, I forgot to mention there is already a well stocked library of "how-to's" for many programs. As a matter of fact...what's to stop someone from adding several Xara Viewlets to the library for the rest of the world to see? You can upload them to the Qarbon library and/or host them on your own website (Gary?)...

I tried to find info on how the library works and this is all I could find in their forum...

"ViewletLibrary submissions

Just a note to all those Viewlet Authors out there who have been submitting their work for inclusion in the ViewletLibrary. We have had an overwhelming number of responses recently, which is great! Though unfortunately we've had to decline quite a few. I want to remind everyone that it is not unusual at all for a first (or even second!) try to be rejected. The Content Team reviews your work and offers suggestions for revisions. In fact, there will be times when our Content Team asks you to send them your Data.vp file, so they can edit some of the slides and send it back to you. This is one of the best ways to learn how to write a good Viewlet. Lately there have been very few takers for this service. Please, don't get discouraged if your first few attempts are rejected at the Library. The Content Team is genuinely friendly and helpful - please send them your Data.vp file if they ask. This will help you improve the quality of your Viewlets immensely. Most of the time no extra screenshots are required. The biggest challenge facing most authors is how to use the cursor. Once you see your work edited, it will seem easy! But very few people get this on their own. Let the Content Team give you a hand."

Sounds like a possible way to promote Xara, get some recognition and create some cool tutorials...

Later,
    Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

I got so interested in the idea of using the Qarbon software that I decided to try it. Here's about the first minute of the April XaraZone tutorial - nothing much really, just setting up Xara to get ready for drawing but it gives you an idea of how this could work...

You can see it at http://www.wfcentral.com/viewlets

You don't need any plug-in's to see it, just a browser that supports Java.

Later,
    Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

This looks like a brilliant technology, I'm good to give it a good look over and I may use it on the new Xara-X.com web site

Michael Ward</p>