Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 10-4!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trk_for_web.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	19092  

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Tomh21 - It is good to see you are having fun with Xara X. I can see a lot of different techniques in there, and you've made very effective use of clipart. The image is fun!

I feel I should however suggest to you that in the future you should try to post smaller images. This one is 1346 x 822 pixels and comes in at about 223k. That might take the record for the size of posts! These forums use considerable amounts of bandwidth and Xara Ltd. pays for it as a generous service to all of us. In the case of this post, a smaller image would still have been impressive. It would have been easier on bandwidth too.

Many of the visitors to the talkgraphics.com forums do so with relatively slow modems. Images over 70k are a pain for them. Furthermore many european visitors have to pay for their internet usage by the minute and so unnecessarily large images actually cost them money when they visit.

With regards to pixel size it is a good idea for all of us to try to restrain ourselves to under 550 pix wide. Doing so avoids horizontal scrolling for most users and it helps keep the 'k' down.

I trust you understand that I don't want to rain on your parade [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>