Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Dear Xara Users:

Here I am with my "Portrait of a Woman" again. I have made some corrections based on comments received from you. IĀ“ve studied carefully the observations and recommendations on those comments. It is possible that I have not yet entirely grasped the correct angles. It remains now for me to take courage and tell you that I shall welcome your comments on the drawing as it stands now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Retrato_de_mulher.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	14135  

Dear Xara Users:

Here I am with my "Portrait of a Woman" again. I have made some corrections based on comments received from you. IĀ“ve studied carefully the observations and recommendations on those comments. It is possible that I have not yet entirely grasped the correct angles. It remains now for me to take courage and tell you that I shall welcome your comments on the drawing as it stands now.

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Hi Milton,

I think the right side of her face (facing us) is too flat and the eye would go with the curve of the face and wouldn't appear so long.

Attached is my attempt to show what I'm trying to explain. I shortened the eye, added more shading to make the face appear to curve.

Judi

Name:	girl.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	473  

Thank you for your coments, Judi.

I'm gonna make the same comments as I did on the pop can [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] , there needs to be more contrast. I have SUCH a problem with that in my pencil drawings, too afraid of too much dark or too much light, but I've worked on it and it's getting better! Make more darks and lights, add more shadows and reflective (No matter how vague) material. This includes both clothes and face. But you got a good thing goin! Hope this helps!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

when it's finished it will be a beautiful image.

Roman

Hello Milton, Since you have her head turned her face is not in the front center of her head, if you can imagine the bone structure you will see that her right eye socket is rapping around towards the side of her skull, so move all the facial features to her left, eyes, nose, mouth. The upper bridge of her nose should almost hide the tear duct of her left eye. Notice the distance under her nose to the lips then look at the distance to the bottom of her chin, compare this to attached sketch, Her Jaw extends to far towards the back of her neck, shorten it. Her neck could be a little shorter but if you lower her chin and jaw this would compensate for the extended neck

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on December 04, 2001 at 05:35.]

Thank you for the coments. Next time I will be very carefull with anatomy in my free hand drawing.

Name:	mulher.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	4276  

Somehow the perspective issues seem less obvious in it. I like the two techniques for the hair and face. A nice contrast.

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk