Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This was fun rendered in VUE 5 Infinite...(large image will take a moment to load)this was using the "final" med. resolution option and took 6 minutes to render this way.
    ---Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragonstorm_lg2.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	11824  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

This was fun rendered in VUE 5 Infinite...(large image will take a moment to load)this was using the "final" med. resolution option and took 6 minutes to render this way.
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Cool

Try some depth of feild Maya,it will bring your front Dragon out a bit more.At the moment its a bit obscured in the detail.

Six minutes ......thats not to bad at all.The golden hour pic I posted a while back,its radiosity pass took about 6 hours I think it was,and I copied the pass a number of times to multiply it in PS,so it could have taken 12 hours to get the same result.

Thanks! Yeah, I'll look into trying that next time, I'm not familiar with all the various settings adjustments yet in VUE but might be able to adjust that fx, don't know how it will affect the rest of the picture though...sometimes it's best to just do a bit of postwork in PS for still images instead of rely only on settings in the ap which have an effect on everything overall.

Nope, I'm not waiting 6 hours for a quick one like this to render -- this is just a dabble! (this is using "global ambience" setting -- not full global illumination which would have taken 4 hours according to what the setting said, but I just wanted a quick render this time around)
    -Mark Twain

Very fun Maya,

Looks like you got Mil Dragon 2 now?? I'm guessing for I see the head plates on them?? I could be wrong though . I never had the full Mil Dragon 1 as I just couldn't see spending that kind of money on something I wasn't sure if I was going to use but now I have all 3 dragons with the deep discount I got buying the Mil Dragon 2 when I did. Now Aiko has a hella cool costume called the Dragon Princess. Might sound kinda corny but it's a very very cool costume and it comes with a sadle to ride the Dragon. To sets of mats to apply to the costume, saddle and lance as well as a neat little hair piece that's short cropped. Aiko rules in my book!

Vue looks cool so far for you Maya but it's way out of my price range I'm afraid but I'm looking forward to Bryce 5.5 if DAZ ever gets it's act together and releases it!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hey Richard! Hi! Yep, I had to wait to get my mil dragon 2.0 through the snailmail since I'm on a slow dialup here in the woods -- but it arrived yesterday and I just had to have a quick play with it. I had the original mil dragon so this was an upgrade price -- same with the VUE5 Infinite, another upgrade and so the price wasn't bad from VUE4Pro. You'll enjoy Bryce 5.5 when it's released I'm sure, giving you loads of options for backgrounds for Aiko's adventures. .....now if they just had an anime sort of mil dragon version....
    ---Maya

P.S. Speaking of comic book artwork, did you see the ads for "Sin City" based on the Frank Miller books? The look of the black and white with the added bright reds, etc. here and there makes a really interesting looking style for the film!
    -Mark Twain