Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: To: Ross!

<top secret>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	details.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	8691  

<top secret>

Ahhhhh! The aroma of smoky fish started to spread as soon as your package entered the house. My wife and kids hid in the basement while I opened it.

I expected something mackerel-like but instead I got something that looked like a mix between a huge anchovy and a strip of beef jerky!

Wow! These Digby Kippers are potent, just a little nibble on these things and your palette is filled with the wonder of Nova Scotia!

They are, for sure,the saltiest smoked fish I have ever had... these fish combined with a cold beer is ecstasy! The texture is great, too, more solid and dry than other types of smoked fish I have enjoyed--you feel like a Viking tearing a piece off the fish! They are, for sure, a man's treat as they put hair on your chest, after the first Kippers I counted 8 hair and after the second one I had to shave...

My wife eventually ventured up from the basement (holding her nose) to tell me that I have to sleep in the spare bedroom tonight! It does not make me sad, no sir!, the spare bedroom is where the PC, loaded with Xara, is set-up. I have now fetched the bag of the remaining Kippers and some well chilled beers for a nice monitor-lit evening, just me and my Kippers and Xara of-course!

Love em' Digby Kippers!

Risto

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Very glad you like the stinky-salty-smokey fish Risto!

Now maybe phase two of the test marketing should be sending some to Paul in Finland and Klaus in Norway. Eventually perhaps we could have a little side business exporting these kippers to Scandinavia??? (Note that I left the retail pricing on the fishies so you could see how relatively inexpensive these things are. Wholesale prices would be considerably less). Also note that exporting live Lobster from Nova Scotia can be a relatively simple proposition - we have more lobster-exporting infrastructure in place than anywhere else in the world.

Even if any exporting never happens, we could have fun designing some marketing ideas. Does "Crazy Kipper" translate to Swedish? I picture a cartoon Kipper that is rather "extreme".
    Do you (or anyone) see any potential in this?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>