Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

Sure glad to see that you're still around, we've missed you around here! Hows Danny Steele?

Dennis

<a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>

While I definitely agree with you, Paul about Xara X's new feature making it a world class player, what is even more amazing is the quality of illustrations that were done in the previous versions.

Now it's just a little easier with the new tools. ;-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Beautiful, Paul. Not enough words to describe it.

wow Paul, a while ago when I first got into these forums I took a look at all the "artist of the month" pages and I absolutely loved yours! Your works have inspired me a great deal and just would like to thank you for all your pieces. Great job Paul!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Beautiful Paul! I'm with the others: I too would love to see and salivate over an even closer/larger view. Heck, you should make a website of this drawing alone with dozens of zoomed views - such a site would, no doubt, be enjoyed by thousands of visitors.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I checked in to the forum tonight to see if there'd been any response to my Harley and I was just knocked out by all these generous comments, and what's more from people I consider to be more than qualified through their own phenomenal skills. Thank you everybody...it really does make a huge difference to receive encouragement like that from fellow artists....we all know the loneliness of the long distance artist!
    I still maintain that using Xara is half the battle in this kind of work, there are no secret tricks or short-cuts just patience and close observation of detail. Xara then equips you with the most luxurious tools to carry out the job. I don't see anything coming even close to the level of polish and subtlety that Xara allows and in such an intuitive manner. What really got me off the couch was seeing the recent VW split-screen posting. I thought it was an absolutely first class image and carried out with such economy and flare.........superb stuff! The techniques used there are exactly the same as my own and I found the tutorial wonderfully clear and instructive especially for newcomers to Xara.I'm really proud to be a small part of this great forum and if I can sort out my time more efficiently amongst the band* , my artwork and the new arrival in my life ....my first child....this week! I will try to get some more pieces posted.
    Thanks again everyone and hope to be contributing more soon.
    cheers Paul (UK)

ps. I will gladly post a full-size image if that's ok with the forum.....it's going to be a big file though!Also is there any serious consideration by anyone to producing a Xara tutorial book? It would be so great to work collaboratively on such a project and have all this vast body of knowledge laid down in printed form?

nullSteely Dan tribute :The DSO

heres my tribute to pauls STUNNING harley
    , ,
    /( )`
    \ \__ / |
    /- _ `-/ '
    (/\/ \ \ /\
    / / | ` \
    O O ) |
    `-^--'`< '
    (_.) _ ) /
    `.___/` /
    `-----' /
    <----. __ / __ \
    <----|====O)))==) \) /==========###
    <----' `--' `.__,' \
    | |
    \ /
    ____( (_ / \______
    ,' ,----' | \
    `--{__________) \/

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THIS TYPE OF TEXT-ART IS CALLED??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	harleyd.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	12993