Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

1. Hold shift key and draw perfect circle shape. Use arrow tool to highlight the shape which will show all the points and handles for a perfect circle shape.

2. Show rulers then drag out guides through the four points and through each point's handle end. Turn off shape layer or delete it.

3. Select type tool, click in image near where you want the circle to begin then in the type palette select the curve purpendicular box. You will now see the type insertion point followed by a bezier line. There is a handle at each end but you won't see it until you select it with the arrow tool. It is not necessary but it can help to put a single type character in to prevent accidental deletion of the type layer.

4. Add three smooth points to the bezier line by clicking with the add point tool.

5. Select the arrow tool and move the points where they should be. Don't worry how the rest of the curve looks. Note the first and last points occupy the same spot. However I leave the last point near where it goes until I position the first point's handle.

6. Using the arrow tool move all the handles to the correct spot as indicated by the guides. After the first point handle is set I then position the last point on top of it. You can zoom in on each point and handle for perfect positioning

7. Type the copy and use the tracking and size controls to get the look you require.

8. If the copy is not required go all the way around the circle then you can use the shift type on the baseline control to move it around. If the type is 360 degrees then you need to select the layer adjuster tool and rotate it (command/control click on a corner). However this can be annoying because the box jumps to a different spot but it still works even if you can only see a tiny bit of the box. You have to drag the box back into position after each adjustment.

9. Have a cup of organic plunger coffee with cream.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	typeoncircle.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	13938  
    IP

1. Hold shift key and draw perfect circle shape. Use arrow tool to highlight the shape which will show all the points and handles for a perfect circle shape.

2. Show rulers then drag out guides through the four points and through each point's handle end. Turn off shape layer or delete it.

3. Select type tool, click in image near where you want the circle to begin then in the type palette select the curve purpendicular box. You will now see the type insertion point followed by a bezier line. There is a handle at each end but you won't see it until you select it with the arrow tool. It is not necessary but it can help to put a single type character in to prevent accidental deletion of the type layer.

4. Add three smooth points to the bezier line by clicking with the add point tool.

5. Select the arrow tool and move the points where they should be. Don't worry how the rest of the curve looks. Note the first and last points occupy the same spot. However I leave the last point near where it goes until I position the first point's handle.

6. Using the arrow tool move all the handles to the correct spot as indicated by the guides. After the first point handle is set I then position the last point on top of it. You can zoom in on each point and handle for perfect positioning

7. Type the copy and use the tracking and size controls to get the look you require.

8. If the copy is not required go all the way around the circle then you can use the shift type on the baseline control to move it around. If the type is 360 degrees then you need to select the layer adjuster tool and rotate it (command/control click on a corner). However this can be annoying because the box jumps to a different spot but it still works even if you can only see a tiny bit of the box. You have to drag the box back into position after each adjustment.

9. Have a cup of organic plunger coffee with cream.
    IP

Super duper tuter(orial), Thelonious!

Here's my fairly lame effort, just to show you I did it:

http://www.pixelalley.com/jins_image...onious_tut.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to write the tutorial, and with such good illustrations, too.
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP