...hi guys! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Randy, that's a great image. I love the ombience.

Guys... take a look outside in the daytime render... you see anything out there that would create light? hmm... no... me either. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Randy, keep it real bud. Don't be afraid to make the scene as dark as real life can/would be. Don't let yourself be taken by the fact that you can't see much detail in the scene - that's how it would be in the real world; right?! And that fact in itself helps embellish the 'mood' of the scene. I continually express this ideal on folks using Photoshop as well. The same mistake is often made with that program.

There's been many a time that i've stood looking into my mom's dining room in pretty much that exact same view. And the lighting was just like that - DIM! So... go with it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I like the whole scene, for what it is.
And as a side note... does your cabinet window by the wall lamp have glass properties? If not, that might be a cause for it having no reflection highlight as Stu pointed out. But it's a 3D program, so... if the window DOES have glass properties, i think we're seeing it the way it should be.

Nice work bud.

Guys... just a metaphor befitting this situation if i may. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Life, is analogue...
as wood is to plastic,
as a vynil record is to a digital CD,
and as the texture of a flower is to the texture of your computer mouse.

Let's explore this when we're rendering. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]