Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum growth

I can personally attest to the fact that the Xara forum has grown so fast because:

1) All members, including moderators, are some of the most generous (with time and expertise) posters I've seen anywhere;

2) The responses to questions are overwhelmingly fast and numerous. There is no such thing as a stranger at this board.

3) The program is FABULOUS!

4) The art being produced is so awesome, people spread the word: go see what they're doing at this place.

You're also gaining ground out in "the world;" witness talkgraphics being rated #1 and the solo featured site on AltaVista for graphics forums and you have to be busting at the seams.

Good deal! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>taste of seasalt and moss. You love it, or leave it. No way in between.
    I love it, but prefer Islay (Ardbeg, Bruichladdich)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erik, Laphroaig is an Islay whisky!

Still haven't looked at all of your space images, but they are fabulous and I'll be in touch again sometime.

The regatta season has started...

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hey Scotch lovers!

I thought this might be of interest to you guys. About 13 years ago my office designed a single-malt scotch whiskey distillery here in Nova Scotia. At this point in time I believe it is the only "Scotch" distillery in the world outside of Scotland. There was a single-malt distillery in Japan but I believe it stopped production (I'm not sure of that however). This year, the Glenora Distillery in Mabou, Cape Breton, is finally marketing their single-malt whisky. They can't call it "Scotch" because it doesn't come from Scotland (even though more people speak Gaelic here than in Scotland). I've heard from my Scotch-drinking friends that the product is very good and they debate which Scottish distillery it tastes most like.

I hope this gives you one more reason to come and visit Nova Scotia!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Tasting Comments of Jonathan D. Auerbach
    Award-winning travel/cuisine journalist, speaker,
    and Contributing Writer at Robb Report magazine:

"This spirited malt crafted from a small distillery in the Highlands of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia -- "New Scotland" -- earns instant classic status. The pure waters of the distillery's Maclellan's Brook result in an exceptionally clean, light malt. Yet lightness in no way means lack of character or complexity. Single malt fanciers will prize the all-around balance of this rich yet smooth and subtle dram."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Do e-mail me a bottle.

Peter: My memory must fail...I only once had a bottle, and in my (failing) memory, Laphroaig is a Northern Highlands whisky. BUT: it is one of the most straightforward ones I ever tasted. Most people don't like it, (but I do [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] )

From the bottle in front of me, Distilled and Bottled in Scotland by D.Johnston & Co., (Laphroaig), Laphroaig Distillery, Isle of Islay.
    Established 1815

Most Scotch Whisky blends have some Laphroaig in them as it is the Mother's milk of Scotches.

"How sad the wind blow or' Islay..."

I reboot Windows for a living
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark