Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Can anyone tell me how this color area on the left was created? I'm new to photoshop 6.0 and can't figure out how they did it.

www.sundogoutfitters.com

Thank you kindly, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Mark (theKeeper) on January 23, 2002 at 23:36.]
    IP

Can anyone tell me how this color area on the left was created? I'm new to photoshop 6.0 and can't figure out how they did it.

www.sundogoutfitters.com

Thank you kindly, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Mark (theKeeper) on January 23, 2002 at 23:36.]
    IP

MP...

Wasn't sure what you're referring to here => "...color area on the left".

Coloured area on what left? Where?

Until i saw the "subject" line again. So i added that url into your message bosy, and that automatically made it a link; so people could click on it. Do that from now on - and you can do that on ANY Web board... they all create links from full url that are typed out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Anywho, your question...

Use the Gradient tool for that effect.
    In the Toolbar, you'll see, just below center right, either a gradient looking icon image, or a paint bucket icon image. If you see the paint bucket, press and hold your mouse down for a second, and the Gradient tool will popout in a small menu. When it does, click on it to choose that tool.

Note too that a lot of the tools in the Toolbar function like this. It helps keep the toolbar small for us. Tools that are 'grouped' together in this way will have a very small arrowhead in the bottom-right corner of their icon image in the toolbar.

HINT: so you know... if you were to open the PS Help Files, and search the term "gradient tool", you will get a page showing the icon image for the tool, and it's short-cut key combo, and other pertinent info about that specific tool. This works also for any other tool in PS.

That help?

[This message was edited by Mark (theKeeper) on January 23, 2002 at 23:44.]
    IP