Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am in the habit of building web pages inside a centred 725px wide table to accomodate different monitor resolutions.
    I have recently discovered the magic of layers and positioning relative to the top and left borders of the browser screen.
    Can this positioning feature be related to a table border as opposed to the browser? I would like to retain the centred table layout and combine it with layers and positioning relative to the table.
    Any thoughts?

I am in the habit of building web pages inside a centred 725px wide table to accomodate different monitor resolutions.
    I have recently discovered the magic of layers and positioning relative to the top and left borders of the browser screen.
    Can this positioning feature be related to a table border as opposed to the browser? I would like to retain the centred table layout and combine it with layers and positioning relative to the table.
    Any thoughts?

If I understand the question correctly this is the answer...

You can safely put tables into layers but if you put a layer into your centred table it will not work.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Yikes, I seem to have solved the problem. Does it look OK in other browsers?
    The secret seems to be not specifying TOP & LEFT
    parameters and the layer will default to the TOP & LEFT of the Table cell.

http://www.dvg-scalemodels.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donvalley:
    I am in the habit of building web pages inside a centred 725px wide table to accomodate different monitor resolutions...

Any thoughts?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Probably you'll not thank me for this, but IMHO no fixed width, centred table can *accommodate* different monitor resolutions. If filling less and less of the available space at higher resolutions is what you want that's fine, but it's not the same thing!

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?