Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I vote for the OUIJA board project.

Next?

Gare

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

I vote for the OUIJA board project.

Next?

Gare

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Ok all the ideas are great and I for one would love to see all of them done in 3D glory.

But if we have to choose one. I will go also with the OUIJA board.

--Randy

Ok, I have this thing against ouija boards so, although it's a smart idea, I'd have to go with either the attacking baby thing (Different perspective though). I also like the torn apart bot, but a little to morbid for me at the time, need something uplifting!

So, attacking baby it is

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Well, I liked the torn apart one too but have religious problems about the ouiji board. I think the layout is wonderful. I also like the message.

I liked the baby one too but think that the baby should have a blissfull expression instead of an evil one. in real life that baby would be laughing delightedly.

Of course, my favorite is that stunning piece with the camera [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] but I can't vote for my own so I vote for the baby.

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

Okay, I can full-well understand some of the, em...less light implications of a spirit board.

BUT...I REALLY like the idea of a toybot manipulating an adult game board to try to communicate.

How about a Scrabble board with "Send troops" or some such intimation that this is a stranded bot from a different planet (a hostile one?)

What say? I think the setup is too funny to lose.

Gare

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Although it was my idea I'm not really a fan of the idea of ouiji boards and what they represent.

I like the scrabble idea. To get the idea across I did this attachment in Xara. (two-dee three-dee)

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whodidthis.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	5099  

Ingenious idea, but I'd still like to get off the subject of tragedy. Maybe it could say something like "God Bless America" or something patriotic. Or maybe we could do two, one for our (my) country and the Baby one! But I would really NOT like to do andything about sadness, we need to think more optimistic and happy therefor making us all in better, more creative moods!

Ross, I love the scrabble pieces, was it done in Xara? Our family used to play scrabble all the time! BTW, is that the shadow of the bot in the left-hand corner, if so, very well done!

God Bless Americ

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Tragedies make some of the best stories... but I'll go for any of the ideas. I think each and every one of them could be done in a professional, artistic manner.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Steve - The original idea was the struggle to make sense of seemingly senseless acts. In that kind of struggle people turn in lots of different ways. Some to their God, some to patriotism, and some to the occult as was suggested by the ouiji board. Gary rightly pointed out that reaching out - communicating - to others is another way people try to cope.

Yes the scrabble pieces were done in xara. they are simple bitmapped filled shapes with shadows. And yes the robot casts a shadow.

Re: a patriotic message. I know it must be hard to understand what I'm trying to say here and I don't want to start a debate. The events of Sept. 11 have unleased a swelling of patriotism in the USA and I see it as one way Americans are coping. It is a reaction. I can understand it's attraction but it seems to me that it clouds the perspective of many Americans. Please remember that many non-americans were killed in the attacks. It was an attack on the freedoms of the Western World - not just the USA.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>