That one got your attention, eh?

I've been trying out the 30 day demo of Micrografx Picture Publisher 10 - and I LOVE it! In particular, its thorough support for 16 bit grayscale, 48 bit RGB and 64 bit CMYK is going to save me a LOT of grief. As much as I admire Photoshop 6, its support for high-bit color is shockingly meager for such a professional program - no layers allowed! But PictPub 10 really shines in this area. So if you produce complex, layered files and are troubled by all the inevitable banding produced in the 8-bit/channel Photoshop world, I totally recommend this great app. It can't replace Photoshop, of course, but it's a great companion, especially since it reads and writes layered PSD files. It's also very fast and very stable - I have thrown some horrible tasks at it, which maxed out my system, but it just kept crunching away until the mega-files were done.

It's $99 for an upgrade and $149 for the full version - I'm buying this baby shortly, as it's worth every cent. Alas, PictPub's future may be very uncertain, as Corel has bought up Micrografx, so get yours while they still sell it!

K
www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
www.klausnordby.com/xara