Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Stu!!!

Christmas in August!!

Thankyou thank you thank you! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I saw your handiwork just a while after you and Thelonious had talked over some details. but I didn't have time to respond properly.

This is fantastic!! thank you. I hope to set aside a block of time later today to spoil myself and really savor this tutorial. (just like right now I set aside some time just to enjoy the posts from our visitors). This landscape tute is a treasure. Stu, please do me a favor and copy all your hard work on this tut and save it. Save to your hard drive to a zip disk to a CD-ROM anywhere just save it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I've been so excited!! I could hardly wait to come back and really get my Painter 6 Brushes on this one. (kind of like when you've peeked in certain closets and know what you're getting for Christmas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

I'm betting these same techniques could not only give you the desert as you've shown in a later post but snow. (like I've ever seen enough snow in Texas to remember. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ) .if you have the right colors.

Once again, thank you so much for all the time and patience that you invested in this. This is soooo incredibly cool.

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Stu!!!

Christmas in August!!

Thankyou thank you thank you! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I saw your handiwork just a while after you and Thelonious had talked over some details. but I didn't have time to respond properly.

This is fantastic!! thank you. I hope to set aside a block of time later today to spoil myself and really savor this tutorial. (just like right now I set aside some time just to enjoy the posts from our visitors). This landscape tute is a treasure. Stu, please do me a favor and copy all your hard work on this tut and save it. Save to your hard drive to a zip disk to a CD-ROM anywhere just save it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I've been so excited!! I could hardly wait to come back and really get my Painter 6 Brushes on this one. (kind of like when you've peeked in certain closets and know what you're getting for Christmas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

I'm betting these same techniques could not only give you the desert as you've shown in a later post but snow. (like I've ever seen enough snow in Texas to remember. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ) .if you have the right colors.

Once again, thank you so much for all the time and patience that you invested in this. This is soooo incredibly cool.

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Thanks Athena and you are welcome [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I just wish I could get in a more coherent state for everyone..ie not application specific.

The hardest thing about painting are highlights,mid tones,and shadows.A good way of getting comfortable with all these is to take a round object at night or in a dark room and place a lamp light so that it shines on one area of say a tennis ball,then carefully examine the shadow and tones it creates.

The desert is exactly the same process yes,just a little more technical.

I will see if I can break this hills painting down into a more just image description format.

Cheers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.
    IP