Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Many thanks Jinny Brown & Cheryl for your answers to my problem

I actually managed to solve the problem myself with a bit of lateral thinking.
    When I bought my graphics tablet, it came with a free copy of Corel Art Dabbler. I didn`t much like it, so I uninstalled it after a few days and promptly forgot about it. So in the cause of experiment, I reinstalled it the other day, found the DLL that runs the graphic tablet and placed it into my Painter 5.5.
    Abracadabra!
    The pressure part of the tablet now works properly, and while the unwanted line problem hasn`t disappeared, it`s greatly diminished - Just once or twice in a session, rather than every time I use the hand icon.
    If you`re having the same problems and want a copy of the DLL send me an email.

I was going to post this on the TalkGraphics pages, but I can`t get them to work properly.
    Every time I log on to them I find myself at the point where I posted the question, and I can`t read any replies - These must be the most difficult to use pages I`ve ever come across - I`m on the verge of giving up entirely on them.
    I was also going to post the first pictures I did using the fully working tablet (two nebulas and a bunch of planets - destined for my next SpaceGirl Painting - see the site below for the spacegirls) - but I couldn`t work out how to do it. I know it`s not me that`s thick, but I always end up feeling that way when I get to TalkGraphics. Doh!
    See my site at http://ipaintthebodyelectric.com - Automotive, Floral, Spacegirls, Celebrity Portrait, Glamour, Exotica & Erotica.

Many thanks for your time and trouble
    Kevin Inskip - Graphic Artiste

nullindex
    IP

Many thanks Jinny Brown & Cheryl for your answers to my problem

I actually managed to solve the problem myself with a bit of lateral thinking.
    When I bought my graphics tablet, it came with a free copy of Corel Art Dabbler. I didn`t much like it, so I uninstalled it after a few days and promptly forgot about it. So in the cause of experiment, I reinstalled it the other day, found the DLL that runs the graphic tablet and placed it into my Painter 5.5.
    Abracadabra!
    The pressure part of the tablet now works properly, and while the unwanted line problem hasn`t disappeared, it`s greatly diminished - Just once or twice in a session, rather than every time I use the hand icon.
    If you`re having the same problems and want a copy of the DLL send me an email.

I was going to post this on the TalkGraphics pages, but I can`t get them to work properly.
    Every time I log on to them I find myself at the point where I posted the question, and I can`t read any replies - These must be the most difficult to use pages I`ve ever come across - I`m on the verge of giving up entirely on them.
    I was also going to post the first pictures I did using the fully working tablet (two nebulas and a bunch of planets - destined for my next SpaceGirl Painting - see the site below for the spacegirls) - but I couldn`t work out how to do it. I know it`s not me that`s thick, but I always end up feeling that way when I get to TalkGraphics. Doh!
    See my site at http://ipaintthebodyelectric.com - Automotive, Floral, Spacegirls, Celebrity Portrait, Glamour, Exotica & Erotica.

Many thanks for your time and trouble
    Kevin Inskip - Graphic Artiste

nullindex
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigbloke:
    [...] I was going to post this on the TalkGraphics pages, but I can`t get them to work properly.
    Every time I log on to them I find myself at the point where I posted the question, and I can`t read any replies - These must be the most difficult to use pages I`ve ever come across - I`m on the verge of giving up entirely on them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Could be you don't have cookies turned on in your browser. Almost all forum systems require this, but most won't tell you when you forgot to turn them on.

Here, I find that I need to use IE in order to post images--uploading with Netscape 4.6 doesn't cut it for some reason.

Doug Frost
    IP

Hi, thanks for the reply to my talkgraphics query.
    Cookies turned on,
    Cookies turned off,
    cookies on ask,
    Makes no difference.

It`s taking me about twenty - thirty key presses to get anywhere,
    & it`s not guaranteed then.
    I`m on the verge of giving up on it.
    Any suggestions.
    It seems to be pulling old stuff from the cache,
    rather than updated stuff from the site.

Baffled
    Kevin Inskip

If anybody can work out why,
    Please email, or else I`ll never see it
    me@ipaintthebodyelectric.com
    IP

there are two ways to get images into your post.

1) requires that you have the image stored on a server somewhereon the internet (in a directory on your site would be an ideal example)

If you add an image this way, you can place it anywhere in the body of the post.
    2) Method 2 is adding the image as an attachment . This requires that you upload the file (to the talk graphics server) and typically it brings up a little window where can browse to the file on your hard drive.

Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Kevin,

http://www.red-crystal.com/~athena/f...r/Imagebut.gif

Typically, when I get this dialogue box, I use my mouse to swipe the http:// and then I copy and paste the URL of the specific image I want to place in the body of my post.

I think the UBB code, which is meant to be user friendly is part of what is getting in your way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] (*sigh* the best laid plans of mice and application designers . . . [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

if you just hit enter after trying to insert an image by using this button http://boards.infopop.net/infopop/images1/image.gif
    you will get this in the text of your post
    http://www.red-crystal.com/~athena/f...ter/Image3.gif

if you actually paste the URL for the image into the above dialogue box, the text in your post should look similar to this
    http://www.red-crystal.com/~athena/f...ter/Image2.gif

I tested adding attachments in netscape 6.2.1 and I have no problems with the dialogues. . . not sure where this is falling apart for you, Doug. (ehh i never had problems with netscape 4.7 either. . . )

*** and in case anyone is worried from the pictures above, my pink phase on my windows color scheme is over for the moment. part of the shocking color comes from having had to reduce the colors for the web [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Athena
    Athena
    IP