Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Jean if you have DRAW9 you don't need to export to Photoshop to convert to TIFF or PSD with transparent background.

In DRAW select Bitmap/Convert to bitmap.
    Bitmap/Edit. It will trigger CorelPHOTO-PAINT.

Here you have three choices.

1. Save file as PSD

2. Create Mask form object, save mask to a new channel, and save as TIFF.

3. Create Mask from Object. Save as EPS with clipping mask, and it will works as Photoshop Clipping Path. You could also convert mask to path, and clip path as in Photoshop.

Regards

Michael Cervantes
    MC Design Studio
    IP

Mark, I'm working in one of those "print houses", and I don´t quite agree with you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Instead, I wonder why they don´t accept the original CorelDraw file. And, if they don´t have CorelDraw and tif-files are all they are able to print, why is the white background so bad? Do they have white ink in their printters?
    IP

Thanks for the reponses. I really appreciate it.

I am rather sure the printer contact is able to work with the CorelDraw file. I asked my question because I wanted to take the opportunity to learn something. And I did!

I followed Mark's advice and set the tif saving preferences to advanced. This was not checked off in my program. Upon saving the psd image as a tif, a new dialog box appeared that gives me options like "save transparency." I now have my transparent tif.

Just for your info Ataki, the image needs to be transparent to be placed on a brochure that I am not doing. My supervisor (who is less technical/knowledgable than myself) is making the brochure. The printer prefers to work in tif and I was asked to get the image in that format. I am not in direct contact with the printer and I am not in charge of the whole project, else I would be asking questions. Thanks for your input.

One more question: another option in saving the tif file is to "save image pyramid." Any info on that?

Thanks again for the replies. This looks like a great forum.
    IP