Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

3 100.00%

Please check if you are a German Xarian.
    Sind Sie Duetscher Xarian? ... spelling?

Please check if you are a German Xarian.
    Sind Sie Duetscher Xarian? ... spelling?

What relation do you think would this votings have?
    How many german users will be able to use this forum if they need german xara menues?
    I am an austran user, many of my friends would like to use Xara in their native language, also my father, bur his english knowledge is about 5 words, maybe 6.
    I know about 5 persons here which would be interested in gernman xara version, but there must be a much larger mass of people, interested in german Xara not knowing eg this forum.

If xara would implement a possibility to rename all the menue-Command i would do it by my own..
    (like Autodes Autocad...whrer you were able to progrm lisp in german and english!)

nice Days...

I like to have all my software in it's 'original' version, which means english in most cases. It makes updates and problem-solving a lot easier, because the majority of people to ask speaks english.

Still, I made the experience that for most folks it can be impossible to use certain (if not ANY) software if they don't have it in their native language.

Heimo is right, those guys will never visit this forum anyway.
    Still I think that translating software is not as easy as some of the wannabe volunteers think. There's much more to be thought of than just menus and error messages. Just think of support, help-files, movies ...

Xara Ltd. was never very good when it came to product placing, marketing and sales. Only to HAVE a - for instance - german version would not increase sales in a noticeable way.
    Offering software in a foreign language can never be more than a *piece* of a marketing *plan* (which Xara don't seem to have).

Most of us here in the forum are using Xara (Xara Studio, Corel Xara ..) for a long time and with heart and soul. We know it's advantages over the competition very well.

Due to this, wouldn't you think that Xara software should have a much higher position (awareness) in the market right now ??
    Why not ??
    See above, Xara is good - very good - in programming innovative software but bad - very bad - when it comes to market them.

And as long as this does not change, I don't really see the need for localized versions. Me, I would buy the english ones anyway .. ;-)

Wolfgang