Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Dear Xara MenuMaker:

In applying for tech support to Xara for Menumaker I was told in their email that I should consider asking my questions on this forum. However, I don't see any section on Xara's MenuMaker. I am taking the liberty of asking my question on this forum in the hope that someone who uses Xara Menumaker might be able to help. If I am out of line, my deep apologies and I will desist from doing this in the future.

I purchased Xara's wonderful MenuMaker two days ago and have been using it ever since. It trully is a little miracle. My heartfelt thanks!

Please see my web site made with Menu Maker at:

http://www.famousmasters.com/

This is still very much a work in progress, but MenuMaker is the key to making it look professional. Now please click on A-E and on Botticelli. This should bring up the Botticelli page, so far the only page that's
    "ready" (so to speak).

Now I have a few questions for you. Hope you can help me resolve them.

1) When is the next version coming out? And do I qualify for a free upgrade?

2) The Xara menu works beautifully in IE as expected and equally beautifully in Netscape 6 + (thank God!), but it does NOT work in Netscape
    4 +. I guess it's because Netscape 4 + is just an old browser. OK. But it also does NOT work in the latest Opera 7 +. Any reason why? Is there any workaround? Would it be easy to modify the javascript manually (I am a complete newbie and know only HOW to copy and paste changes in the script, if clearly directed)? It would be wonderful if the menu could work in Opera, too. Is this a problem at your end or theirs? And do you plan to resolve this issue in the near future?

3) Is it possible to enter new fields after the fact. This would seem to be a critical issue. For instance, if I have 100 artists under A-E, and I want to include Dali between Bruegel and David, can I do so? Unless I am missing something, I found that I indeed could NOT! Or to begin a new field. There seems to be no way to do so. You can always add names at the
    end of a submenu but not in the middle of the list or at the beginning. Surely, there must be a way to do this. If not, you should consider this, IMHO, as a top priority, critical issue. Otherwise, it will drive us users crazy when dealing with long menu lists.

4) Please take a look again at my Botticelli page. Please note that the menu entries (Birth of Venus: Abacus; Birth of Venus: Art4U; etc.) are aligned CENTER. I really want them to be aligned LEFT. Is there a way to do this? If not, please again consider this an urgent matter. Is there a workaround, please?

6) If you look at my Botticelli page (Click on A-E on the home page, then Botticelli), you will find that the title (made in PhotoImpact 8) is badly out of alignment with the menu created by MenuMaker. Yet, everything looks fine on the home page. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thank you all so much.

Benjamin
    sher07@mindspring.com

Dear Xara MenuMaker:

In applying for tech support to Xara for Menumaker I was told in their email that I should consider asking my questions on this forum. However, I don't see any section on Xara's MenuMaker. I am taking the liberty of asking my question on this forum in the hope that someone who uses Xara Menumaker might be able to help. If I am out of line, my deep apologies and I will desist from doing this in the future.

I purchased Xara's wonderful MenuMaker two days ago and have been using it ever since. It trully is a little miracle. My heartfelt thanks!

Please see my web site made with Menu Maker at:

http://www.famousmasters.com/

This is still very much a work in progress, but MenuMaker is the key to making it look professional. Now please click on A-E and on Botticelli. This should bring up the Botticelli page, so far the only page that's
    "ready" (so to speak).

Now I have a few questions for you. Hope you can help me resolve them.

1) When is the next version coming out? And do I qualify for a free upgrade?

2) The Xara menu works beautifully in IE as expected and equally beautifully in Netscape 6 + (thank God!), but it does NOT work in Netscape
    4 +. I guess it's because Netscape 4 + is just an old browser. OK. But it also does NOT work in the latest Opera 7 +. Any reason why? Is there any workaround? Would it be easy to modify the javascript manually (I am a complete newbie and know only HOW to copy and paste changes in the script, if clearly directed)? It would be wonderful if the menu could work in Opera, too. Is this a problem at your end or theirs? And do you plan to resolve this issue in the near future?

3) Is it possible to enter new fields after the fact. This would seem to be a critical issue. For instance, if I have 100 artists under A-E, and I want to include Dali between Bruegel and David, can I do so? Unless I am missing something, I found that I indeed could NOT! Or to begin a new field. There seems to be no way to do so. You can always add names at the
    end of a submenu but not in the middle of the list or at the beginning. Surely, there must be a way to do this. If not, you should consider this, IMHO, as a top priority, critical issue. Otherwise, it will drive us users crazy when dealing with long menu lists.

4) Please take a look again at my Botticelli page. Please note that the menu entries (Birth of Venus: Abacus; Birth of Venus: Art4U; etc.) are aligned CENTER. I really want them to be aligned LEFT. Is there a way to do this? If not, please again consider this an urgent matter. Is there a workaround, please?

6) If you look at my Botticelli page (Click on A-E on the home page, then Botticelli), you will find that the title (made in PhotoImpact 8) is badly out of alignment with the menu created by MenuMaker. Yet, everything looks fine on the home page. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thank you all so much.

Benjamin
    sher07@mindspring.com

Benjamin

I'll see if I can get someone at Xara to respond to your questions/points.

In the meantime, I notice that you have not entered a title for your page and so the title that shows up in the title bar, and the one that will appear when someone bookmarks your page is

Your heading goes here Ooops!

I'm not sure we have that many Menumaker users in this forum but we do have a lot of Opera users who perhaps can give you a reality check.

What can you tell up about CheckOut.com? Looks like a good way to set up a shopping cart.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

and they tell me they have answered you via e-mail. I have asked Xara to post the answers here to help other Menu Maker users (and to help the moderators answer questions such as yours).

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

Hi Benjamin,

What was the response from Xara ?

I have pointed out to them that their menu's don't work in Opera for months and months now & never had a response.

The professional menu program like AllWebMenus and others are constantly releasing updates to ensure that the javascript works with all browsers but Xara don't seem to give a hoot !

TIA - Dave Porter

It would be easiest to simply creat a table and then align the table to the left.<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3">
    <tr>
    <td align="left" valign="top"></td>
    </tr>
    </table> </pre>

Xara are aware that Menu Maker has been a little neglected - especially in areas such as new browser support (e.g. Opera as mentioned). Please watch this space.