Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hi Risto,

How many examples do you want?

1. (This section is presently 11MB, built 6 times a week. total build time 5 minutes)
    2. (This site is built when I get the chance presently about 23 MB, total build time 45 minutes)
    3. (same as above only smaller, total build time 5 minutes)
    4. (same as the two above only smaller in size, total build time ~30 seconds)
    5. (PERL scripts, client updates)
    6. (Perl Script store front, client Manages and maintains)

I went to ivenue.com and could not get there sample pages to work. So I have no idea about this service. Sounds like dynamic website creation and not static pages.

As I said, I'm not a website designer...

But 5 and 6 looks like they are done in Frontpage.

Yes, 1-4 have a quite a few pages... What is "build time"? For #2 - what do you spend 45 minutes doing in Wordpad? Wouldn't a database driven/dynamic site help you? Log on to the server, modify an entry, add an entry or page - instantly available?

Which aspect of these websites can't be done with Dreamweaver?

Hi Risto,

I can rebuild the entire site (all 5000 pages) in 45 minutes. On the machine where it was originally built it would take about 6-8 hours to build the site, another 8 to upload it. I use MS access to create Perl data files (the bulk of the time is here)then, run a perl script to build the pages.

for number 1 I download the latest data, use access to sort and create perl data files, then run the script to create the 20 something pages. Then upload the new pages (this takes the longest time)

"But 5 and 6 looks like they are done in Frontpage." - Risto

thanks for the kick to the head... One designs to please the client. If that is what they want, that is what they get. Frontpage could never create 6. It is a dynamic site. I just modified an existing script to give it a unique look.

check the source code for all these sites. It is clean and designed for the fatest loading possible. For instance, #1 is a 700K webpage, and still loads extremely fast, even on dialup.

Here are some examples of sites built, including the one that I am struggling to build. Here goes: www.internifurniture.com www.internifurniture.com
    http://www.climintimehomes.com
    http://www.bloomsfloralarrangements.com
    this is the one I am currently putting together: http://site.mawebcenters.com/namc1

I would like to send the url where u can build and edit one of these sites is: www.warhorsewebsites.com

Well, I wasn't able to call up the java file. Any suggestions on what may be a good script to call it up? BTW, the file cabinet works just like the hard disk on a disk top. I just need to pull it up, I guess. "xarxmenu.js"

hi Nigel,

I will look at it more tonight. Still have trouble getting the demosite built for some reason. Oh well...

John, try: www.warhoreswebsites.com. The go to build. simply populate the form and choose a business type. Take note of the login info 'cus u'll need it to ge behind the scenes.
    Incidentally, what I want to do, adding the dpopdown menu, can be done in this platform. I just dont know how to do it.

Cheers

I think I gots a bad link... cause I can not find no bleedin page... At least that is what the code 400 said...

Sorry www.warhorsewebsites. com The s and e were transposed.

I have a hypothetical question, John. Lets imagine for a moment that ur webbuilding skills were limited to an online engine and u had the webstyle4 and wanted to add the menu in question, what script would u use to call the xaramenu.js? That is really my problem. Incidentally, were u able to build a site? If so, were u able to get to the "back office?" Tech support is at 888 343-2889 if u get stuck.

Cheers