Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree... Photoshop works as good as all the resources it takes to at least fire up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] But the mighty solution stills valid: vector, raster, html editor. And yes, that's true too: results are more important, tools... they are by zillion around.

Maybe I speaked by myself, I see Photoshop quite fast and not such difficult but I reckon I had been working with it since version 1, and my workstation is a Dual Athlon 2.0 GHz, 760 MB of RAM, gForce 64 MB video and two 120GB IBM harddisks... maybe that's the "why" I see it so fast [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey, no reason to be sorry...haha... it's only a discussion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Yea, with a quick machine there is no doubt that the latest offerings by Adobe are very good indeed... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

This said I must suggest that there are several areas in which PS is lacking behind such apps as PhotoImpact for instance... digital photo correction comes to mind... inferior slicer to that of PI's, 3D merge tools, PI's vector tools for shapes etc are superior, then again there are many things that PS does better... I say use whatever tool you find gets the job done... and many times combining tools will get you a job better done than with only one or another... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Bottomline is... I agree that the three tools you have mentioned are of the best to be found, but I also suggest that they are not alone... there are a whole host of tools that one can use to get the job done... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Corel Draw comes to mind... and don't forget the painting tools such as Painter, Deep Paint, ZBrush... and of course there are many 3D tools that one uses to even just do some basic object creation for web elements... make em on a solid bg and drop them into your fav app, selct with wand and invert selection, then get down and tweak to get the results you require... then there are apps such as Swish, Flash... on and on the list goes... so no I don't think that there are but three apps as all one needs... and we havn't even discussed some of the more specific task related apps avail... for things like font creation, texture generation, charts and graphs etc... nope, better to have a full tool box than limit oneself... only my opinion mind you... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

btw... nice setup you have... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Of course you can have extra things to do, well, extra things [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] But I guess with that programs you can have an average website done. People love Flash, other love 3D... it depends on tastes. I for instance, use whatever available that could fit on something, from Poser to Bryce, from Corel to Illustrator, from Maya to TrueSpace. Whatever tool that can help me to evacuate in a quick way my muse is ok to use [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm fond with Photoshop, I like it a lot but its vector tools sux greatly. I don't even play with them, for me is a waste of time and Extensis PhotoTools --or Photographics, don't remember-- do the vectors much better. I guess it is also about what program we are used to work most.

But I agree with you tools are tools and in certain times, you will need them all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] You can see samples of mixed techniques using mixed programs to create a mixed composition [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] at my website:

http://www.lithium-design.com

Well, I went to your site but after waiting a few and not seeing anything but white I am back... is your server slow or is it on my side? hmmm, maybe someone else will test this... Maybe you could show some of your worx right here or in the gallery...

Anyway, here is a sample of how to use a blender [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Pack was made with truespace 5.0, ashtray too. labels was scanned from original and placed as textures. xara was used for placing the texts at the end while photoshop allowed me to fine tune the colors, etc.
    http://www.lithium-design.com/Portfolio/Print/rmad.jpg

Hey, this is rich in color... I like the wood, and can envision the relections in the ashtray to be just as you have em here...as well I like the general feel of the layout... perhaps the bottom edge of the cig pack could be brought down to the wood some more but... cool worx here... thanx for sharing this... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [thumbs up]

Hey, thanks for your opinion! Yes, I agree with you about placing the pack just over the wood... my first version was like that --have some more sense-- but the customer wanted it as show now, like taking off or slightly floating over the wood piece --that texture was made using Core Texturer-- ... you know, customer's always right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]