Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am having trouble with animations being too choppy within my Flash movies. When I have large graphics tween across the screen, they move in a very choppy fashion. However, I have noticed several web sites where this problem was prevented somehow. The best example I can think of is: Cottonfield. Look in the "Collections" section and when you move through the pictures, they scroll across the screen very smoothly. Anyone know how to make Flash work this well with larger pictures?

Thanks in advance,
    IP

I am having trouble with animations being too choppy within my Flash movies. When I have large graphics tween across the screen, they move in a very choppy fashion. However, I have noticed several web sites where this problem was prevented somehow. The best example I can think of is: Cottonfield. Look in the "Collections" section and when you move through the pictures, they scroll across the screen very smoothly. Anyone know how to make Flash work this well with larger pictures?

Thanks in advance,
    IP

Do you have highly optimized images? The larger/less optimized your images are, the harder it is to tween them. Plus, try and make sure that you have as little as possible that's being tweened. Chances are they've only ever got one or two items being tweened at the same time. The more tweening that goes on, the more difficult it is to calculate the motion, and the more choppy the animation becomes.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO