Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: adobe export

hi i do have the flashmx bible but wasnt able to find my answer.

to export ai files to flash you need to go to file/export/.swf

that works fine exept when i have applied an effect or filter to the image. something like a drop shadow. that does not roll over into flash as a swf.

anyone know how i can take my ai files that have filters applied to it, into flash????
    IP

hi i do have the flashmx bible but wasnt able to find my answer.

to export ai files to flash you need to go to file/export/.swf

that works fine exept when i have applied an effect or filter to the image. something like a drop shadow. that does not roll over into flash as a swf.

anyone know how i can take my ai files that have filters applied to it, into flash????
    IP

I don't use adobe but would imagine that it's to do with their swf export filter. I use XaraX for my vector production and then export it as a swf file from their. The export filter is generaly very good but drop shadows, bevels etc import as bitmaps, which is not suprising as XaraX creates these as bitmaps natively. If your not getting any import of the drop shadows at all, one suggestion may be to d/l a free months trial of XaraX import your ai files into this and try an export to swf from there.
    xara web page
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Well, if you're doing effects in Illustrator, you'd have to make sure those effects are separate objects. Once they're separate objects, the exporter will try to export them. From my experience, though, drop shadows and anything that is more complex in illustrator gets lost in the translation to a .swf. It's like changing effects into layers in photoshop - it looks good, but the moment you take away layer masking, you lose the effect.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Manager, Front-End Technologies
    http://www.bluespark.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO