Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More 3D5 Fun

Finally got a little time to play with 3D5.I got the idea from one of Egg's posts(I think it was Egg's).
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  

hey, great effect here... bravo.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hi Mike,

I like the shapes and the movement you gave them.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I've had Xara3D since version 3 and I've bought every upgrade, but... are you ready for this... I just never have time to play with it... so I'm pretty clueless...

What's the secret to getting multiple objects moving in the same space. We have a University logo (round) that has a center graphic with text placed on a ring around it. I want to have the building rotate one direction while the text goes in the opposite direction...

Give me some quick directions please...?
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

You use the Cursor and Shift to mark the character(s) you want to tweak, and then just apply the new local settings you want. Peesakake.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Hey Mike!

Cool animation there! I must get some quality time in with X3D to see what I can do [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

Thanks Soquili and Graeme.3D5 is such a really neat app. with endless possibilities.

wfcentral: If Klaus's directions were not quite detailed enough, let me know and I will take you through the steps I used to make this animation.I did use XaraX to make the five objects.

Mike

o.k. I tried the "select using cursor and shift" and see what you are talking about. I can now make the "A" in the word CAT do one thing while the "C" and "T" do something else...

but...how to get an image from XaraX with two shapes right on top of each other...one is a ring, the other is a building outline that goes INSIDE the ring...the only way I have seen so far it to import them and adjust the kerning so that they line up??

Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

Greetings all,

First I'm not an artist nor designer. I own a commmercial carpet cleaning company.
    My reasons for using Xara X and Xara3D are listed in my profile. They are not business related.

Next I have trouble with what Klaus posted: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You use the Cursor and Shift to mark the character(s) you want to tweak, and then just apply the new local settings you want. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I know I'm old and slow but for the life of me I cannot find the "Cursor!" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Next, Weldorman offered:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> wfcentral: If Klaus's directions were not quite detailed enough, let me know and I will take you through the steps I used to make this animation.I did use XaraX to make the five objects.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I would really appreciate you taking your time and doing a step by step for this newbie.

Thanks all,
    »ÂRF«Oldman

BTW: I like the "Review" section of this board,,,but I sure wish it had a posting preview option. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Don't know how my sig pic is going to come out.

Was a lone wolf... Met the »ÂRF«. Now when
    the game is done I stand alone no longer.

http://www.arf-platoon.org/Rayeimages/2.png

[This message was edited by »ÂRF«Oldman on August 18, 2002 at 11:18.]

Each object(your ring and the building)must be created in 2 seperate Xarax files and saved.Start 3D5 making sure the alignment button is set to middle.Click on the cursor button(the I-beam looking one)in the tool bar.Import one of the .xar files,hit enter and import the other .xar file.3D5 will import both images at the same size.Highlite the circle using the arrow keys while holding down the shift key.Using the "set font size" button adjust the circle to the size you want it to be.Now use the "baseline shift" button to move the circle up into place around the building.I base this on importing the building first.You should have the image you want.You can now give each object the movement you want them to have.I am fairly new at this and there may be a better of getting the job done.If so maybe Egg,Wolfgang,Klaus,or one of the other more experenced users would enlighten us.Hope this helps.

ARF-Oldman
    If you created your sig pic I would definitely say you are an "ARTIST".Very nice image.I created the animation above using the same procedure as I described to wfcentral only using 5 .xar files instead of 2.Alot of learning to use 3D5 is just by experimenting with the different tools that are offered and playing "what if" I do this.If more help is needed give me a day or so to get the exact details together.I am the same age as you and my typing skills are very slow.

Mike