Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

...Not Quite!

1) The red background with blue and white was inspired by one of the most intense experiences of my life. I would title it "A Firefighter's Vision". I was going for the intense concern of the fire and the intense relief of the water. Of course where they meet is the white steam. We were trained to fight ship engine room fires at our annual training. When you go in you are surrounded by fire with no escape but to put the fire out. Very Intense! I'm so glad I don't do that anymore.

2) Room with high lights. Dispite my frustration you seem to have figured out a lot of what my original drawing was about. I was trying to represent the feeling of being a nervous trainer. Everytime I tried to make the room a fog with only the back wall in focus I got a screen full of white and without it you could certainly tell what the picture is. By breaking up the students I was trying to represent the unknown personalities and incomplete knowledge. But the spears theory works for me too because you never know when someone will attack you.

I'm attaching my original Trainer picture just for grins and because I like it so much better than the one I posted.

Thanks for making me think!
    Dale Fipp... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	entry2.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	6963  

http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/xarax/abstract.jpg

Mine was a still-life ... the "boat-like object" was actually a banana, the green object on left an apple (indication of stem being the black lines) and the reddish object a vase with stems bwing some lines. The yellowish rectangles were candles with only one being lit. The wavy area at bottom was the edge of a frilly cloth.

I wasn't really trying to convey a feeling but I suppose it is bright and glowing and cheerful.

This was a neat challenge and so many neat images [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

.... I've enjoyed this thread but I've only just got around to producing one. I can't say I like abstract art but it's been fun looking at members contributions.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abstract3.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	19780  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It reminds me of a rose--and somewhat like an explosion at the same time--blooming!!! Nice image!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I suppose the abstraction I did is actually a re-creation of a distraction. An approximation of fine art I did in math class when I was in the 8th grade. Whenever I got bored in any class, which was the norm for me, I would start drawing on any available paper, one time I forgot to put my name on a math test paper, never-the-less the Teacher knew it was my work because I did one of these drawings on the side of the test sheet. I suppose I remember the specific event because the teacher was curious and asked me what it was, I never told her where the resource for odd shapes came from or what they are. It is for the observer to interpret. Myself I had fun creating this one and it brought back some memories.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

meant to be part of a poster, with the caption to read: Blind Sharks Still Eat! The red, well you all can use your imagination.

I enjoyed Gary's observation that it looked like a warm sock, espically the Whew! Fragrant! comments. Thanks Dale for the thread it was great fun.

Phil

Phillip, that wasn't Gary who thought it was a "fragrant" sock--it was me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

hey Whallop 85... you are way out of line in your postings of this crap...IMO of course...take a look at the art worx posted in this thread...people creating...doing their thing...enjoying each others wunderful worx...and then you...ooooooh how words want to come out but....this here is a cool forum and I am not about to digress for the likes of this... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I deleted the trash.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 06, 2002 at 20:00.]