Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Almost 5,000 objects (due to the bricks). Includes transparent "gravel" to reveal foundation and footings underneath.

This was used for a report and believe it or not printed from MS Word. PNG image used in report was saved a 150 dpi and image size was 6.5" wide. Printed on an Epson 1160 using a 720 dpi setting. Almost all the detail came across.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MCC_ELE_Bldg_version_5_(mirrored_without_Window).png 
Views:	289 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	9310  

Almost 5,000 objects (due to the bricks). Includes transparent "gravel" to reveal foundation and footings underneath.

This was used for a report and believe it or not printed from MS Word. PNG image used in report was saved a 150 dpi and image size was 6.5" wide. Printed on an Epson 1160 using a 720 dpi setting. Almost all the detail came across.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Nice perspective John but it looks like your roof drain is inadequately sized or clogged. (It isn't raining but it looks like you have water on the roof [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] ).

When you say "transparent gravel" - is that the gel kind? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

How about giving us a zoomed view of the front lower corner so we can see the brick, gravel, and foundation?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

John

Can you give us a detail image so we can appreciate all the bricks and subtle stuff?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Here ye be.

Ross, the cruddie roof drain area was due in part to exporting. This one hopefully looks a little bit better.

The reason for so many bricks is I wanted the mortar between them to line up to the two vanishing points; thus, I constructed a rectangular brick wall and then used the perspective envelope. Not a lot of style applied here, I did use Egg's suggestion of another post and applied a quandrangle with dark brown color and a gradient transparency on top the bricks to "shadow" the back edge of the walls.

Name:	_junk.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	10890  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

And the brick do look great! I do get a vertical band appearing in the brickwork. It may just be in the jpg or perhaps relates in some way to my monitor.

Being slightly picky, I'd suggest the glass in the transom looks far too light. It may just be my personal preference, but I think it would look better black with a linear transparency overlay. I've done a quick (messy) example to show what I'm thinking.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Name:	johnwindowzoom.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	16977  

Them certainly is a load of bricks, John. You must have gone out for a double latte while waiting for the perpective to apply, no?

I agree with Ross about the reflection in the transom, except black is too dark, perhaps a deep blue refelcting the sky and getting a bit lighter towards the bottom?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Gary, yes, it do take a "while". Sometimes had to turn off the display of selections handles etc.

Ross, the vertical brick is a "design feature" from our structural engineer. These walls are "fabricated brick walls". If you want, do a search for my other postings and there you will find the XAR file from which this brick pattern was derived. In the file itself is a reference the the mfg. and with some dimensional specs.

Ross, perhaps a small MINI-TUTORIAL on the principles of window reflection with a couple examples and XAR files (interior window reflection, exterior window reflection). How about some other tips used in RENDERING certain ARCHITECTURAL STRUCTURES IN GENERAL as well???

If anyone wants the file to play with (app. 130k, then email me at Jclements@BrwnCald.com and I'll send something to you).

P.S. Ross and Gary, I took a suggestion from Jens to check out Rhinoceros 3D and managed to get our firm to purchase it (by MacNeil and Assoc. in Seattle and sells for $800; not bad for 3D). It arrived yesterday morning. I'll be spending sometime to learn it and hopefully can find some neat ways of using Xara with it.