Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: My illustration

Ok, I did this illustration in RD PRO. I don't want this sound as an advertisement because I am also the author of the soft (so I won't include the home page) What do you think about the illustration? It took me 3 hrs. (It is a vector illustration)

http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/vector7.jpg

[This message was edited by Oscar on April 22, 2001 at 03:58 PM.]

Ok, I did this illustration in RD PRO. I don't want this sound as an advertisement because I am also the author of the soft (so I won't include the home page) What do you think about the illustration? It took me 3 hrs. (It is a vector illustration)

http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/vector7.jpg

[This message was edited by Oscar on April 22, 2001 at 03:58 PM.]

It's a very good image. Quite good. I have been playing with the software you have made and it is different yet powerful in it's own special way. I'll keep playing with it for a bit before I decide whether I'll add it to my graphics software collection [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

(Ottawa is the capital [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ..... )

If you did this in 3 hours, all I can say is
    I WANT A COPY OF YOUR SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It's an amazing work, Oscar - especially considering it took only three hours! Yes, everybody, you should really go and look at Oscar's programs at www.mediachance.com - he's an AMAZING programmer and program designer! If you download his RealDRAW Pro software, you will get the source file for that camcorder - and can pry it apart to see how he did it.

As for your fine illustration, Oscar, the chief thing I think might be done differently would be to add some colored lights. Just pure neutral gray, without any little hues here and there, is very mechanical and artificial - no gray camera in the real world would be so hueless.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

3 hours yes, but from all people I am probably the only one who understand the software fully (would be sad if not) so the 3 hours doesn't count.
    It isn't the tool you are using but how do you using it.
    Klaus: Yes, you are right it is too lifeless,agree in full.

Here is another vector drawing, where I probably got the hand color a bit off (too red?). But I can at least blame my flat screen for that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/bitmap6.jpg
    The hand in close look looks a bit rubery - like my wife said the figurine used for training the first aid [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I don't know if I'd add any colored glows to the camera .... it is on a white background after all. Plus it looks more like a technical drawing than part of a scene so I feel coloration might take away from just showing the contours.

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

Oscar - The camera is an excellent drawing. It reminds me of the photographs of cameras in the Army and Air Force Exchange catalogs; lots of light to show the contours.

Klaus - Thanks for your post about RealDraw Pro in the XaraX forum. I downloaded and bought it night before last. Very nice addition to my toolbox.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update