Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Had a problem (which seems to have sorted itself) with my sailing page (two third-party Java applets) freezing on our school network. Don't suspect a problem with my code (validated XHTML 1.0), but have taken the applets out for the time being, and would be most interested to hear (if anyone's willing) whether the problem can be replicated with whatever OS and browser you're using...

I've uploaded a test page including the applets to:

http://www.petestack.com/sailing/index2.html

Please note that this is a temporary URL (permanent URL has no '2') which might lead nowhere once I'm convinced one way or the other!

Thanks

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

PS No other Java applets on my site, but I'd like to keep these ones if possible, and would also be interested to hear (in the light of my experiences) about the pros and cons of such things.

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on March 08, 2001 at 04:22 AM.]
    IP

Had a problem (which seems to have sorted itself) with my sailing page (two third-party Java applets) freezing on our school network. Don't suspect a problem with my code (validated XHTML 1.0), but have taken the applets out for the time being, and would be most interested to hear (if anyone's willing) whether the problem can be replicated with whatever OS and browser you're using...

I've uploaded a test page including the applets to:

http://www.petestack.com/sailing/index2.html

Please note that this is a temporary URL (permanent URL has no '2') which might lead nowhere once I'm convinced one way or the other!

Thanks

Peter</p>

PS No other Java applets on my site, but I'd like to keep these ones if possible, and would also be interested to hear (in the light of my experiences) about the pros and cons of such things.

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on March 08, 2001 at 04:22 AM.]
    IP

Peter,

The applets ran without a problem on my system. Windows NT and IE 5.5 and Netsacape 6.0.

Mickie
    IP

Hi Peter ...

The applets worked fine in Win98 browsers IE5.5, Netscape 6, Netscape 4.7 and Netscape 3.

Being a yachtsman, you might get a kick out of this http://www.tallships.ns.ca/.

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    IP

The first time the left Applet wouldn't load, but after clicking on "renew" it loaded impeccably.
    IP

Thanks, everyone!

Although I could have tried all those browsers (except Netscape 3) myself, it's always handy to have feedback from different users, machines and operating systems. Think the most likely explanation was a temporary problem with one of the applets, but I've restored them to my regular sailing home page tonight, and hope not to hear of any further problems.

Thanks again for taking the trouble...

Peter</p>

IP