Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Running PP9 and everytime I select 'mask' and area, copy and paste as new document then save the new doc. I get an 'invalid page fault' contact vendor if this problem persiste... and boy does it persist. 256Mb ram, Athlon 8xx processor. These pics I'm using are .jpg and rather small files 100-200kb. opened from digital camera files.
    I have a small amount of knowledge in PP as I use mostly CD9 but discovered how much better PP handles photos. I appreciate any help that can be given and will probably become a bit of a pest while at it LOL... my purpose is to make a collage of several pic into one file. Would appreciate any tips on this method also.

Thank you so much
    Marie (Inphoenix)

[This message was edited by inphoenix on May 12, 2001 at 16:38.]
    IP

Running PP9 and everytime I select 'mask' and area, copy and paste as new document then save the new doc. I get an 'invalid page fault' contact vendor if this problem persiste... and boy does it persist. 256Mb ram, Athlon 8xx processor. These pics I'm using are .jpg and rather small files 100-200kb. opened from digital camera files.
    I have a small amount of knowledge in PP as I use mostly CD9 but discovered how much better PP handles photos. I appreciate any help that can be given and will probably become a bit of a pest while at it LOL... my purpose is to make a collage of several pic into one file. Would appreciate any tips on this method also.

Thank you so much
    Marie (Inphoenix)

[This message was edited by inphoenix on May 12, 2001 at 16:38.]
    IP

Hold F8 key while launching PP9 and restore factory settings.

You should check your video settings and driver. Update your driver to its latest version.

Save frequently.

To create a collage:

New file with final collage size
    Import all images into this file
    Position them in a way that they overlap on borders.
    Each image is going to be an object
    Use Transparent Tool, and apply transparency to areas where objects touch each other.

Regards
    IP

I've done all the steps but the last one. I really appreciate your help here. But, I don't know how to perform the last step. Also I'm having difficulty selecting another object after importing all the pics and the last imported is selected. It's very difficult to move them around because I can't seem to select another. I usually close and re-open. Very time consuming. Thank again. Love this site and PP but a newbie as you can tell.
    IP

When you import those images, you should drag and drop to a proper size. It will help not to have all the image on top each other.

To select them you can use Object Docker, and it will be easy.

You may have few RAM and that is why your system slow down. If you don't need Undo List, disable it in Tool/Options/Memory.

Check how much resolution you have in your new document where you are going to be importing all the images. You may have more resolution than necessary.

About the transparent tool. You should practice with small image independenly, then go for your big project.

Regards
    IP