Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

It's me again. Have given up thoughts of upgrading to Xara X as it only starts very intermittently.

Have now reloaded Corel Xara 1.5 from CD and same old Xara problem - will not start. Have changed video drivers, removed Xara entry in Registry, tried starting from within 'Find files' facility,
    rebooted 1,000 times, wiped hard drive and reinstalled ME and Xara. But message remains "Corel Xara has caused a fault in Xaradraw.dll the programme will now close". There must be something there guys and gals. Is there a Xara programmer available who might be able to sort this as starting problems are not unique to me!
    IP

It's me again. Have given up thoughts of upgrading to Xara X as it only starts very intermittently.

Have now reloaded Corel Xara 1.5 from CD and same old Xara problem - will not start. Have changed video drivers, removed Xara entry in Registry, tried starting from within 'Find files' facility,
    rebooted 1,000 times, wiped hard drive and reinstalled ME and Xara. But message remains "Corel Xara has caused a fault in Xaradraw.dll the programme will now close". There must be something there guys and gals. Is there a Xara programmer available who might be able to sort this as starting problems are not unique to me!
    IP

Since other people run X and CX with ME successfully and you've reinstalled everything several times over, we can conclude that there is a fundamental problem between Xara software and your system.

Some questions need answering:[*]Did you try running Xara before reinstalling any other software?[*]Do you have anything running in the background (e.g. virus, firewall etc.)?[*]What additional hardware do you have (e.g. scanner, camera etc.)?[*]Did you run Xara before you installed the extra hardware?[*]Is there anything about your hardware / software that is non-standard (e.g. language, accessibility)?

Faced with this problem, I'd remove as much as possible until I got X to work, then add bits until it stopped working.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean
    IP

Only Office 2000 on when I reinstalled. More on now but problem from start.

Running out of patience I'm afraid. Will tell all IF I find out ........
    IP

I'm almost sure I had the same problem under Win 98 and the solution for me was this
    (excuse simplistic instruction)
    Right-click on the desktop and choose Properties.
    Under the Settings tab click Advanced
    Choose the Performance tab and move the slider one notch to the left. You may have to restart your machine. If that doesn't work repeat the process moving the slider further to the left.

As I say I only know that worked on Win 98.
    If you have a dvd player you will have to restore graphics acceleration to full or the dvd's won't play
    IP

Go for the upgrade. You'll waste less time either way. Only problem I ever had with XARA was relative to HP twain drivers and junky downloads.

How's THIS?
    IP

I think your problem is ME. You should try windows 2000 or Xp .
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP